“Delicious lunch”
Review of House of H

House of H
Ranked #117 of 1 257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Love House of H. The food is sensational. So many delicious flavours. Best cheese burger I have had in ages! The staff were friendly and made us feel very at home. The decor is very cool. The individual payment system is so clever and convenient. We came for lunch and it was nice and relaxing. I can imagine it gets quite busy / chaotic at night. Cannot wait to come back!!! Love love love!

1  Thank Dilchard

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

It's a self service type of establishment, which may be nice if you are with a large group of friends, but otherwise it is extremely crowded. On top of the awkward queueing and possible lack of structure. The way that some of the food is handled did not sit well with me. When u place ur food order, your steak is cut for you right in front of you, but then your card gets taken, swiped on the machine and someone else's steak is then cut. How does one know how clean the person's hands are that is in front of you. I know for fact that I was touching money before I walked in, I then got my card. I just feel that some hygiene standards are not very night.

Due to what I saw with the steak, I had a beef burger as I felt it was potentially safer. The food was good, and I might return, but will stay away from the steak.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

A friend of mine had his birthday dinner at House of H.
He just ordered a few plates of food to share - ribs, chicken wings, steak strips and salads.

Due to being vegan, I only ate the salads, which were delicious and fresh. They have a mushroom with pesto dish which is absolutely amazing.

Everyone having the meat options really enjoyed it. And I suppose it did look appetising.

Their house wines are good.

The owner & staff is very nice and efficient. Very cool decor and lively vibe.

We were there on First Thursday which is generally a busy night, but I think bookings might be recommended.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Odd setup but refreshing, great vibe, helpful & friendly staff. Very good sirloin - make sure to get the salad AND the chips as salad portions are small. Burgers looked great, maybe next time...

Reviewed 2 May 2017

What an amazing place. The vibe: amazing. The food: amazing. The decor: amazing. As a vegetarian, it's not always easy to find deliciousness in restaurants, but the House of H Oyster Mushroom burger....OMW! So yummy.
The whole setup of the restaurant is completely different to anything I have ever experienced. You arrive and are handed a card. With that card, you go to the kitchen/salad bar/drinks bar and order what you want. They swipe your card. At the end, you go to the cashier, and they swipe the card and you pay.
We were welcomed by the floor manager, and I think we became instant friends with everyone in the restaurant.
Bonus: you can buy plants and mushroom growing kits there, and you can go into the basement for a tattoo!

Can't wait to go back!