“Proper coffee in Green Point.”
Review of Giovanni's

Giovanni's
Ranked #17 of 1 288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 29 January 2018

You feel transported to Italy at this roadside deli and shop. Cool standing bar by the main road in Green Point, to take your morning coffee. Grumpy original Italian owner fits in perfectly and you would not want it any different!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I haven't been to Giovannis for a long time and popped in the other day to pick up some ingredients for dinner . An institution which lives up to it's reputation and more. Ingredients and meals always fresh and the deli has fantastic products .
Left with an armful of delicious things and reminding myself to come here more often.
Always service with a smile . Thank you Giovanni's

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I was trully surprised one Sunday when I visited Giovanni’s for coffee. And being a local capetonian, embarressed to say I’ve never eaten there, well it has now become my favourite spot and will drive the 30 minutes to get there. I bought the salad and ministone soup , something I never buy , but it looked mouth watering and it sure was! I was actually happy with the prices for what you get it’s affordable and a treat. The shop was full of people and the turn around of food quick so I wasn’t worried about food being off! Wow what a variety of delicious treats !! Can’t wait to go back

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

The best place for a casual lunch or dinner around the world! Seriously - so cheap and delicious!!! Build your own plate of Italian / Jewish deli dishes!

Reviewed 13 January 2018

I live down the road from Giovanni's and am there almost daily for dinner. I have never enjoyed such fresh, tasty ingredients with such variety. I mostly take the food home and warm at home. The quality of the food is just as superb being heated at home as it would be being eaten at the deli.

The service always lighting fast and given with such love and pride. I am so chuffed with this store!