“Great Deli and South African Wines in Greenpoint”
Review of Giovanni's

Giovanni's
Ranked #16 of 1 226 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 23 October 2017

One evening we ate on our hotel balcony watching the sun go down. If you want to eat in one evening while in Cape Town - this is a great place - easy walk from The Tree House Boutique Hotel. All sorts of antipasti, appetizers, cheese, bread and a great South African chocolate wine to sample!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

not only good coffee, but also great breakfast! you can choose bread and whatever you want on it from the delicounter and they will make it for you!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I have been going to Giovanni's since 2004. Tonight I called in with colleague to collect our supper as has been our want regularly. I got served quite quickly, my colleague was next and asked another server for his choice. She said, I cannot serve you as you are with him,(me). She then continued to serve others who came in after. Why?? She did not know if we were paying together? I was still being sorted and why could she not serve my colleague.She had an attitude!!! My colleague naturally got excited about the treatment he received and the end result was that he was asked to leave. No apology for his treatment!! Yet he was not instrumental to the situation.
Unfortunately this review will have little effect on Giovanni's but it should be noted that staff standards are not what they used to be. However, even with the past good experiences I feel that today Giovanni's deserve only the one star. As a guest house owner, it will no longer be recommended. Even thinking about it now, I just cannot believe the attitude that we experienced tonight!! On reflection, it has been noticed that the staff standards behind the food bar have deteriorated over the past year or so.

3  Thank scouserCapeTown
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I've been eating lunch and drinking coffee at this restaurant for what feels like my whole life. Every time I visit Cape Town now, it's an absolute MUST. Carpaccio drizzled with impeccable olive oil, shaved sharp and tasty parmesan and fresh mild rocket... all with fresh bread of your choice.
Coffee is amazing, deli-style vibe is authentic, and I love saying hi to my buddy barista there :)

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Giovanni's is a must-visit in Cape Town for anyone enjoying fine Italian cold meats, European Cheeses and other fine European deli items. Fresh bread, sandwiches, salads and even good Italian espresso rounds off my favorite shop in Cape Town. Recommended!