“Amazing burgers”

Ranked #59 of 1 294 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of burgers, but Royale Eatery has some really good ones! I recommend some of their more popular burgers. They have great sweet potato fries too and an awesome salad. For your side, you can order half salad and half fries. That's what I did.

I had to come back twice to try their ostrich burger. Not the biggest fan of it. The other burgers are better.

The only thing I was disappointed with is that they ran out of ostrich burgers (which really aren't that great). At first, I didn't like how management handled it, but she was polite enough to make things right. So that was good.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Meat, veggie and all kinds (over 50!) of burgers and fires. Good service make this a great choice for a quick, inexpensive meal.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Recently my friends and family and I surprised my brother at Royale Eatery for his birthday. Even though there were one or two drinks orders and 1 of our group's meal that was forgotten and we had to wait quite a while (to be fair we were a massive table of around 14 people) the food was AMAZING! But my favourite part was when I asked Angie if they would be able to stack a few of their brownies on a plate for me so that I could put a few candles on it for the birthday boy. She ended up bringing out this absolute masterpiece of a plate with brownies, ice cream, smarties, sparklers, the works. It was beautiful and delicious, thank you for making it so extra special!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Good lunch spot for burgers and shakes. Good selection of local beers as well. Kid-friendly. Outdoor seating is also available but limited.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I was recommended this place by a Table mountain guide on AirBnB. My wife is Vegan and it has been particularly difficult to please both of us in SA but the Royal Eatery did that and some.. One thing you must do is have the Milkshake. It tastes and feels like that shake that Marty's Dad orders in the 1st Back to the Future Film. The thick shake is full of flavour and brings back unknown memory's of a drink you have never had but heard tales of. The patty's in the burger was great. Irrigular in shape and thick enough to feel like you are getting great value but not too dencly packed. Not a bit of gristle in sight. I had the Miss Piggy (Bacon and Avo) and the must have Sweet Potato fries. Now Europeans the sweet potatoes are not orange and are not coated on that rubbish they do at home. They are just fries and quite possibly the best Fries in Cape Town. My wife had a Vegan Cheese burger (with vegan cheese of corse) she said the patty felt fresh and held together well. She also said the Gin and tonic Mock tail was great, and it was... I snuck a sip when she wasn't looking. I have not mentioned yet the bap/bun/bread. Well it was light and fluffy. Not breosh but a little thinker and less buttery and so far in my search for the perfect Berger the best Bun I've had to date. So if you have a hour spare take a walk up Loop Street and check it out!