“Vegan Do It!! ”

Ranked #48 of 1 233 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Delicious vegan burgers with excellent service. Good, healthy food gives you good energy for the day. Find that energy in the vegan burgers these guys make. Great value for money. Def recommended!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I went with my daughter for a milkshake and vege burger. They had marketed their vegan burgers so thought I would try one. They had a lot of options so assumed I would be happy with my choice. The burger was so crumbly, toppings disappointing, chips very average. No kids options so ordered her a plain vege burger and made a point of NO toppings or any weird looking garnish as kids can be fussy. It came with a feta type topping which couldn't be picked off, so I asked for a new one. A different waitress from the lovely one that took our order seemed to have an issue with my request, and quite frankly I felt uncomfortable with her unpleasant attitude. It may have been a misunderstanding, but in my mind after many years in the service industry, the customer (as long as pleasant) is always right. Anyways, disappointing meal, delicious milkshake, a couple of great waiters, and one unpleasant one…won't rush back.

hugob777, Owner at Royale Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hi Claire
I’m really sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your burgers, especially for the mix up with your daughter’s meal. You are correct in saying that we are known for our broad vegetarian and vegan offering. I would like to think that this is as a result of positive word of mouth as much as us sharing photos of our veggie burgers, and I’d like you to know that your experience was not the norm or what we strive for at Royale.
I agree with you that the customer is always right, and there should have been no awkwardness with arranging a corrected burger for your daughter. I’m truly sorry to hear that your request was not handled in a friendly way, and will undertake further training with all of our waitresses on how to handle send-backs as a result of your feedback. Further to this, I apologise for the quality of the burger which you personally had. We make all of our patties fresh, on site, daily, using seasonal herbs and/or veg components. Unfortunately this can result in inconsistencies and cause patties to hold together better at some times than others, especially when you consider that we do not use bindings like egg in order to ensure that veg patties can also be served as vegan meals. While this explains why your patty might not have held together as it should, I do wish you’d informed your waitress that you weren’t enjoying your burger, particularly as you were also unhappy with the toppings and chips. We could then have arranged a replacement on the house or taken your burger off the bill entirely if you didn’t want a substitute meal. On that note, I would really appreciate a little more information on why specifically you did not enjoy the chips and toppings, to enable us to make corrections to improve our guests’ experience in future. If you could please email me at hugo (at) royaleeatery (dot) com with more information I’d be grateful, and we can hopefully also arrange to invite you and your daughter back again to Royale to improve on your first impression of us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your shake, and that the rest of your service was good. I hope to hear from you directly and that you will give us a chance to show you how good Royale should be.
Hugo
(owner)

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Went with the family after coming off a long flight from Singapore. Absolutely loved the burgers and shakes. All four of us tried different items and shakes and each and every item was delightful.
Would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Loved this fresh burgers that can be pescatarian, vegetarian or vegan! Must go to place! Fries could be improved compared to other choices in town that do fresh chips as well!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

In this crowded street where there plenty of restaurants, it is difficult to let your own footprint. But they do, and very well. Nice and kind service, and rather fast despite the overcrowded restaurant. Good meals, good price, good drinks. Nice music, and decoration is friendly. Good prices. This place deserves more than 1 visit.