“Excellent steak, relaxed atmosphere ”
Review of Nelson's Eye

Nelson's Eye
Ranked #22 of 1 294 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

On a dreary cold, rainy, winter Sunday night, my friend and I met at Nelson's, per the reco of my hotel. So glad we came and enjoyed the good meats and a welcoming, unpretentious, warm atmosphere. Staff was friendly, food was great. I had the tbone 500 grams (which was plenty!), buttered garlic on top. Fries were crispy and creamed spinach was yummy. My friend enjoyed his Veal chops and rice. Wine list is extensive. Great value, and I would recommend to anyone staying in the area!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 179)

46 - 50 of 1 179 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Yes, it's all about the steak; beef or native game. The steaks are exceelent, really good. If you like steak, you've found the best place. As for the other food, well, not really. I ate steak, my partner ate mussels and a soup. Neither were much good. But if you like steak...! And reasonable wine there, too.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing time here during our recent visit to Cape Town. Our waiter was extremely helpful. The food was delicious best steak in town.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Great steak restaurant — but with vegetarian alternatives. Slightly hidden therefore not very touristy, a nice escape. Friendly staff, quality wine and food. The steaks are very special.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I went in for dinner whilst on a work trip and had a fantastic meal. Service was classy and attentive whilst my steak was magnificent. Highly recommended.