“Simplicity at it Best!!”
Review of Burger & Lobster

Burger & Lobster
Ranked #87 of 1 226 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Though I eat out a lot and have had been putting off writing any reviews because I had been caught up in the food more. This spot here gave me the extra nudge to write a review.

I am passing through Cape Town and I have always loved the artist flair it has to offer. That shows even in their food.

B&L is one of those little spots one finds and are pleasantly surprised. Very warm welcome from the door throughout the entire service. My waiter David was very helpful with a great smile on his face always.

I had the winter special with the exquisite lobster bisque, lobster roll (though I would loved a little more lobster meat in there), had a good fresh brioche bun. The beef slider was as expected with a salad. All this for a reasonable price. One of the managers mentioned that one should dip their lobster roll in the bisque while having this promotional dish. I had already gone through my bisque when he mentioned that. Will be sure to do that next time.

Interior has an industrial raw wall, red brick in some parts. I would be sure to pop in again here especially for the service. The team here is on point. The food speaks for itself.

Had a great lunch.

1  Thank Nolla34

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Had to be my favorite for casul lunch. Unique menu. Owner very active in the business. Burgers and Lobster served on the same plate....wow. Bloody Marys made by Dice, the bar keep were best we ever had, so good we had 2 days in a row. Custom made with all fresh ingrediants. Treat youself to this place.

1  Thank gary M
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Absolutely Fan-freaking-tastic.
From warm greetings at the door, being escorted to a lovely table, a to die for meal (Two magnificently steamed lobsters from Maine and a divine burger and loster combo), with consistently superb service all through the evening. I simply could not have asked for a better evening for my family for my mother's birthday.
Many thanks to Daniel the manager for making us feel so welcome and at home and to Joseph our waiter, for his wonderful service and to Dice, the Barman, for his outstanding cocktails!
I strongly recommend this gorgeous little gem to anyone and everyone looking for an orgasmic dining experience!
Thank you Burger and Lobster!

1  Thank Caylee B
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Well, we went there shortly after they've received their liquor license - I made a booking with great anticipation - the menu is small and only three dishes to choose from. We had the lobster sandwich, which I did enjoy and my partner had the burger.

If a burger is being charged at R140 odd - and it's the only burger you make the quality must be top-notch.

As Cape Town is a burger-mecca, I was disappointed. I didn't enjoy the vibe either, but that's something more personal - and the service was average. Therefore, for the hype and what they are trying to do I wasn't impressed.

PSCaRrArA, Owner at Burger & Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Magnus H

Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor and giving us the feedback based on your experience. Please note we received our liquor license mid August 2016. Since then we have implemented many new and exciting menu items which are constantly changing in order to keep our guests coming back. We do feel you should come again and give us a second chance as we know we wont disappoint.

Kind regards
Paolo Carrara
Co-owner

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Went to Burger and Lobster for a birthday party. The atmosphere was great and the service was good. Just found the menu to be very limited as far as options go. The name says it all so at least they don't lie about that. Most options (burger or lobster) is served on a bun or roll, which presents a bit of a problem when you're not in the mood for bread. I had the special which consisted of a beef slider, half a lobster roll, a lobster soup and a portion of chips. The soup was average, the burger tasty and the lobster roll was ok, lots of mayo. Can really recommend this restaurant if it's to your taste and can't fault them on any of the basics. The food is probably just not for everyone.