“Family Lunch”
Review of Burger & Lobster

Burger & Lobster
Ranked #87 of 1 226 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 14 November 2016

My sis in law invited us all to lunch at B&L and it was one of teh best lunches I've had in a while! The setting very modern and the food is superb. I cleaned every morsel off my plate and so did everyone else. The waiter was very attentive and very informed (they do only have 3 items on the menu). Just didn't like the way one of the female managers kept hammering him in full view of patrons. The drink were great and they were kid (baby) friendly too, big plus. Their truffle fries are amazing and so is the side salad they serve with your meal...DELISH! The meals are a bit pricey (R175 for the lobster roll) but the food is good. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

I first visited Burger & Lobster in September and loved the concept and the food. Craving the lobster roll, I went back for lunch last Friday and was extremely disappointed. The service was poor, the lobster 'roll' had increased in price from R147 to R179! It was also no longer a brioche roll but two slices of bread. Previously, there were two crayfish tails on the roll but now you get a few pieces of tasteless chopped up crayfish on the brioche bread. Will definitely not return as the services, pricing and food quality have ruined it for me.

1  Thank wvio
Reviewed 10 November 2016

So everybody is talking about Burger and Lobster and everyone in Cape Town wants to go but do they all want to go back? We went one evening and it was so noisy, we had to shout at each other to be heard and even then, it was still difficult. Two people ordered the burger and 2, the lobster roll. Aside from that, there is only a whole lobster, nothing else. The waiter assured us that the lobster roll was generously filled with 2 tails but the portions we got resembled a sausage in a hot dog, hardly 2 tails. Not enough for a man. All the food is very high in fat - with brioche rolls, mayo, lobster (high in saturated fat) and fries and the burger also served with streaky bacon with maple syrup and 2 types of cheese. The only 'relief' is a little lettuce salad, with 2 croutons (fried bread) and 2 onion rings. It is so dark in there, our waiter carried a torch! Service was excellent. We brought our own wine and there was a R50 corkage. The bill for 4, with one appletiser and some water, was R750 - an expensive meal for what we had. We came, we tried it, none of us wish to return. My throat and cholestrol can't take that amount of abuse.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

The lobster mac 'n cheese was spiced just right, creamy with a good number of lobster pieces. Cocktail menu very interesting. The lobster roll tasted good but the brioch bun could have less bun. The side salad served with the lobster roll was soggy and over-dressed. The fries were pretty standard. The burgers looked huge!

Reviewed 4 November 2016

As stated on my other review, my son eats no sea food, I eat no meat - the staff managed to get it all sorted not mixing the two. Live lobster so I did not do a whole lobster - opted for the Lobster burger if you would like to call it that - We booked - the restaurant looked empty - in 2 minutes it was full - you sit ontop of each other so not romantic and dimly lit - Bar setup with red lighting - so nice vibe, good service. We had a great meal - good desserts. They offer no parking - so Uber in - only parking we could get was either 45 rand or 25rand - really almost impossible otherwise to get parking, Great night - busy, great vibe and different concept.