Reviews (1 190)
1 190 results
1 024
1 024
All reviewssea pointgay friendly hotelthe penthousepool areanespresso machinewelcome drinkspecial thankscar hirethe general managerbreakfast was amazingour honeymoonhot breakfastcamps bayfantastic hotelcape pointstandard roomwould highly recommend this hotel
548 - 553 of 1 190 reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Can not boast about this hotel enough! The staff were fantastic, so friendly, polite and attentive, especially Derrick, Frederick, Primrose and Abigail on the desk! Hotel itself was in immaculate condition and so stylish! We stayed for five nights and used many of the hotel facilities including the spa and car hire - all of which were great. The location is convenient too, with many good restaurants near by and a short drive to sight seeing spots like Table Mountain and Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. The only thing I can had a slight grumble over (and only very slight!) was the pathway leading to our room. It was located right next to the pool with large steps, which when wet became a bit of a hazard. We managed it fine, but someone else may not have been so lucky. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
JoeSetchell, Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

Dear Kerri_danielle,

Thank you for your great review, it seems you made great use of our Hotel facilities and Car Hire and we're thrilled your trip to Cape Town was one to remember!

We hope to see you again one day soon,

Very best,
Joe

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

What a fabulous place to stay! The Glen accommodated us for 5nights on our first stay in Cape Town and we felt extremely pleased with our choice! Thank you to everyone, especially Derrick and Frederic, for helping us to maximise the short time we had in this beautiful city. The location of the hotel is excellent as is the value for money. The large double suite we stayed in was pretty, clean and well-equipped. The staff are very helpful, friendly, kind and keen to please. We loved the massages and the wide selection of breakfasts and we were very well looked after over any queries whether it was to do with the hotel or how to make the most of Cape Town. There is always an amazing selection of tours/sights to see organised by the hotel and we have very dear memories of the place. 5nights was no way enough - we definitely want to come back soon! To anyone who is unsure - book The Glen - it makes for great accommodation and Cape Town experience. Thank you for a wonderful start to our honeymoon.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Isobel O
JoeSetchell, Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2015

Dear Isobel O,

What brilliant feedback and lovely compliments to our team! Both Derrick and Frederik wish you a long and happy marriage and we look forward to seeing you two again soon, perhaps an anniversary some time in the future? :-) Look after yourselves!

Very best,
Joe

Reviewed 1 September 2015

This hotel was amazing! I was so surprised what lay behind the white gates along the street; definitely a hidden gem to say the least. Unfortunately, we were only able to stay at The Glen for One night and I wish it was for our whole trip to Cape Town. The pool area was the best I've ever seen at a hotel. Not to mention the room we stayed in(next to a spa and hot tub) was bigger than my two bedroom apartment! It was beautifully decorated and felt comfortable, clean and homey. It looked as though each room had a private out door space, whether it be a balcony, deck or yard... That's right, your own private YARD!!!! The staff was amazing! We arrived late to be greeted by Derrick at the front desk and two other gentleman who rushed to take our baggage out of the car and escort us inside. The next morning I went into the main gathering room/Restaurant to find a beautifully organized self serve breakfast unlike I'd ever seen before. Sadly, that one night went by very fast and if I make the 30+ hour journey back to cape town, I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The ground Floor Unit by the parking lot was VERY spacious
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Ameighlia

Dear Ameighlia,

What a beautiful review and such a shame we could only host you for one night. There's really only one thing for it... you'll just have to come back for the complete Glen experience :-) We hope you do, and until then, look after yourselves!

All the best,
The Glen Team

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

This hotel is truly one of a kind!! We were welcomed with warm smiles and great attitudes!! The staff, decor, food, service, rooms, and location was nothing less than 5 star!!! Derrick Marais the manager made our stay so extremely pleasant and memorable!!! I couldn't find my tooth brush so he brought me one to the room. I couldn't find my phone charger and brought it to the room. He organized dinner and recommended some great dishes. You felt like a celebrity with the attention to detail and superb service. The food and wine were amazing and I actually didn't ever want to leave the hotel. Such a beautiful pool area and bar. My massage was a 10 out of 10 at the spa. Wow the rooms were breathtaking, immaculate and clean!!! I met the owner and he was an extremely nice man. Everything just flowed and everyone was so genuinely kind. When leaving it was raining and they walked us to our car with umbrellas. I could go on forever but words can't describe the trip. You will have to experience it for yourself.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Relaxedbeachlover
JoeSetchell, Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Dear Relaxedbeachlover,

What a fantastic review! We're delighted you had such a memorable stay with us. From toothbrushes to phone chargers... we're here to help! All the team send their best and we hope to see you back one day soon.

All the very best,
Mark, Derrick and the entire Glen Team

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed in. The attention to detail is outstanding and the helpfulness and friendly nature of the staff makes you feel right at home. The rooms are large,light and luxurious. Little extra touches add to your comfort. Breakfast is relaxed and much variety and again elegant Laid out with a lovely pool and spa too. A big 11/10.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheffieldtraveller17
JoeSetchell, Manager at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

Dear Sheffieldtraveller17,

'The best you've ever stayed in.' That's so wonderful to hear, and thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback. We hope one day you'll return to us so we can wow you once again!

All the very best,