“Great Steak; Good Service;”

The Famous Butchers Grill
Ranked #308 of 1 299 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Famous Butchers Grill is a sexy steakhouse located in the Cape Town Lodge Hotel in Cape Town's city centre. Not only are the steaks amazing, but the restaurant also offers LIVE entertainment 7 days a week.
Reviewed 4 December 2015 via mobile

Came here with some friends for a late dinner after a long wander around The First Thursday Art Galleries. Staff were friendly & efficient & the steak was truly delicious - I opted for the 350g Filet which I requested "Blue" & it literally melted in my mouth. My friends also ate Filet but requested it Well Done!! The sides of Baked potato, salad & veg while not exciting were definitely adequate & went well with the steaks. We washed it all down with a bottle of delicious Stellenbosch Merlot. Good value for money in the heart of the city......

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 18 November 2015

We had a lovely cosy table near the wine cellar. The steaks and the wine was excellent also the waiter Kumbi looked after us really well. Cape Town is a serious destination where the rand compared to the pound is very good value. The same meal in London would have cost 4 times over!!! With all the trouble in Europe Cape Town a wonderful destination. I was very impressed and will be back.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Having been in the aviation industry I have been fortunate to have dined in some great Restuarants but I must say this was one of the good ones Yes we drank exspensive wine and we chose Australian Wagu prime rib It was perfectly cooked and tender like butter The waiter John from the Congo was terrific 6 steaks and no complaints That takes some beating.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

The food here is excellent with very good service. Steaks specially martured on the premises. Kingklip also excellent.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 12 November 2015

Four nights in Cape Town we had to visit this restaurant overlooking the ocean twice !!

Quite literally a butcher's shop with raw meat available to buy, there is a large VERY busy....sometimes TOO busy restaurant attached - you MUST book to get in !

I started with the skewered Lambs Kidneys with black pepper, followed by THE most amazingly tender T-bone I have EVER had.....absolutely amazing. My wife had the thickest most tender and tasty fillet she ever had too !! And given the strength of the pound against the Rand, it makes for a bargain feast !!

Service was excellent - don't just visit once !!