“What a gem - I miss not being there !!!”

Dysart Boutique Hotel
Ranked #19 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 6 January 2016

I spent nearly a week at the Dysart during a business trip to Cape Town. And what a lucky girl I was to come across it - I've been to Cape Town over many years on business trips and this place just stands out as somewhere I would definitely recommend and go back to. The rooms were great (I tried a few).....the staff (absolutely all of them) were fantastic, helpful, friendly, kind (I don't use that word often in reviews) and genuinely delightful. Every time I came back from a long day I genuinely felt like I was coming home.
The rooms are all different and very tastefully decorated. I preferred the upstairs room with a lovely view?! (8) and the one at the back with the little garden of its own. There were a few problems with the wifi.....but everything was done to ensure that I was never without (especially given I was working when there). But to be honest, even this little niggle did not take away from my happiness of finding this little gem. Well done all of you - and I hope to see you all again soon. Happy New Year!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 December 2015

The staff were unbelievable amazing with great accommodation and service to go along with it! We stayed here for our first two nights in Cape Town and will definitely be back again.

The rooms were spacious, clean and very arty. I would recommend more for couples but was great as we were just two girl friends staying there. There is a small court yard out front with a small infinity pool and a very friendly cat. Breakfast is great and really tasty lunches are provided on request, I would highly recommend the tuna salad. Also the owners were really good at recommending places to go for dinner, booking them for us and taxis to take us there.

Five stars for sure!!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

We just had a great few days at the Dysart and can't recommend it highly enough. Great location in a pretty tiny road in Green Point, walking distance to the Waterfront and the city, it is beautifully designed, the team are welcoming and were keen to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Breakfasts delicious and a nice pool too to relax next to or swim in. We would happily return and heartily recommend.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2015

Cape Town has many great guesthouses, I have been fortunate to stay in lots of them, but Dysart stands out most of all for the staff, whose genuine, unscripted interest in helping out was superb. The decor comes a close second, a fascinating art collection and a layout that makes a couple of modest sized houses stretch into a rabbit warren of cool. The location is close to town, and while not on the beach and without the best views, its quiet and just a couple of minutes walk to the main road. The rooms are well furnished, reasonably sized and good value for money.

Room Tip: Honeymoon room has sun deck with fun "nest" style lounger
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonB_SA
Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

We spent 3 wonderful nights in this marvelous boutique hotel! It's beyond 'cool' with 2 infinity pools and contemporary spaces filled with interesting art. The breakfasts were delicious and the staff was fun, professional, very knowledgeable and helpful. The location was perfect for access to the V&A Waterfront with all its shops and restaurants. We would definitely stay here again. Do yourself a favor--you know you deserve it!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple