“Friendly, stylish boutique hotel - highly recommended”

Dysart Boutique Hotel
Ranked #18 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 18 August 2015

I really enjoyed staying here, what a friendly team (including Daisy the cat). I loved my stylish white walled room, beautiful bathroom and the relaxing terrace. Breakfast was scrummy and the location is pretty central with very cheap Uber cabs to all parts of the city.

The only very very minor challenge was the eratic wifi, which I'm told is down to the telephone company not the hotel (which only mattered to me because I was sadly on a business trip not a holiday). Also the pool was more for relaxing in than swimming (it looked gorgeous but was a bit nippy to bathe in during the Winter).

I check out a lot of boutique hotels in Capetown and in terms of value for money for the experience this I believe is great value and as mentioned before run by a lovely team.

Room Tip: Choose ocean facing for a 'bigger view' and rooms in the old Victorian 'cottage' wer...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank dominicv872

Reviewed 2 August 2015

Absolutely outstanding hotel, from the staff to the accommodation. Really was an amazing experience staying there. There is a reason why they beat the others in CT. And when we found out the hotel support a township child feeding programme that some of the staff do, feeding 350 children a day with the only hot meal they will have, your heart melts.
It truly was a pleasure from the moment of arrival to the moment we left. Felt like we were staying at someones house, without the added attraction of peace and solitude . The staff leave you to it, but are on hand if needs be. We stayed in room 6, which gave us a view of the sea and Robben isle, and it was lovely.
You really must stay here, the reviews are true. Ignore the very few non glowing ones - they must be insane.
Amazing location if you are visiting an event at the stadium, as its a 5 min walk. They have garage space if you drive. ( but book in advance)
It would be wrong of me to name any particular staff, as they were all fantastic.
Don't forget to put some cash in the tips box on the reception wall when you leave, as they are pooled tips and everyone rightly benefits.
We also gave Zennie, who served us brekkie, a contribution to the feeding programme which she does, and whilst its not obligatory, it will be the best thing you do on your holiday. Every little helps, and you're feeding kids from a very poor area. Priceless.

Room Tip: room 6, robbed isle and sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2015

I arrived late in the day and was leaving early in the morning, I wish I had been able to stay longer to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere. The hotel is funky and the staff are helpful and friendly. The view is lovely and the room was amazing! It is very central so parking my hire car was a challenge, but the security guard helped me by directing me into the very small garage.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2015

This hotel is located in Green Point which is very near the V & A waterfront and within walking distance of many restaurants. Beautiful residential area near a beautiful park. We walked around the park several times to enjoy the scenery and fresh air. The staff at this hotel truly made the stay memorable. The rooms are good size and the bathrooms particularly nice. The heated floor was wonderful as it was cool at night. The hotel arranged for a driver to take four of us to Cape of Good Hope one day and the Winelands area the next. Very reasonable and nice driver. This hotel was perfect due to its location, small size and intimacy.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room here as there are currently only 8 rooms. Two more are being...
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Lovely hotel with fabulous outdoor terraces complete with two pools and garaged parking. A surprising find in this residential narrow lanes street. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast only but plenty of it, we stayed in room 4, the honeymoon suite. We had a lovely terrace attached to our room with table and chairs and a large pod/outdoor chair bed. We even slept there the first night until we got chilly and went indoors. Very romantic. There is a double shower as well as a large bath and double sink in the bathroom. Minor issues were a lack of accessible powerpoints and tray of kettle and cups secured in the wardrobe on a shelf!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple