“Hidden Gem ..... Charming and simple”

Saveur Restaurant - Loop Street
Ranked #324 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 6 October 2016

I booked for a table of 10 and the we were looked after very well by our waiter, and the manager was open and warm and very accommodating, Hence me saying the service is what made me comfortable.

Food was well prepared and presented (very simply) ..... we had Ribs and steak as we were all in a similar mood, served on a wooden cutting board "simplicity the ultimate sophistication", plate not cluttered and the side salad was awesome.
Steak done medium rare ..... was soft, tender and so juicy.
Sticky Ribs were sticky but not overly so (which so often hides bad meat quality)..... so tender.

Drinks, as a person who enjoys craft beer, it was great to have that option in a Restaurant, they were tasty.

Desert was heavenly and rich .... sticky toffee (best source i had in a while), chocolate brownie and ice-cream.

Note .... the have a downstairs area which could be used as a venue (no venue cost with full licensed bar) just pay for your food and drink.

Very open and well spaced, miss matching chairs and odd tables (very rustic looking).

Reviewed 4 October 2016

Had dinner at the Saveur Restaurant - recently opened. The steak and ribs which we ordered we delicious. The noise level is rather high because of no soft finishes. Watron delivered excellent service. Kitchen area is open which means one smells the odours ( and not necessary pleasant) from the kitchen.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

My husband and I had ribs and sirloin steak respectively that were cooked to perfection. Desserts were chocolate brownie and sticky toffee pudding that we will order again. The side salad was fresh and tasty. The venue is lovely with big wooden framed windows that gives one feeling of spaciousness. The atmosphere is relaxed with background music audible but not overpowering. Service received from the waitrons was very good and they work as a team. A surprise was to find an art gallery there as well.

1  Thank Alma P
Reviewed 17 September 2016

I've had several meals at Saveur in Loop street and each an every time I am delighted by my experience. The food is simply delicious, and I love the open kitchen where you can see the care and attention dedicated to each dish produced. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list and eager to assist you in selecting the right choices.... which is a tough decision certainly, as the food is all so so yummy, and beautifully presented. Thank you to Chef Mike for such lovely meals! I will continue to come back over and over again!!!

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

My partner and I went to saveur yesterday night and we had a great evening! There was a live performance with a lovely singer just in front of us. The food was good and well presented, I had the kingklip which came with small original vegetables and my partner had the ribs. I was very tasty ! For dessert we ordered a mix of ice creams and a brownie: I have to say we were quite disappointed. The ice creams were simply cheap chocolate and vanilla and the brownie tasted like a slab of chocolate put on top a microwave cake... Another down side is the decoration which is quite uneven and you can see pipes on the wall which makes it less cosy. Otherwise the service was great a fast ! We really appreciated our helpful waiter.