“Dinner”

Saveur Restaurant - Loop Street
Ranked #323 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 25 September 2016

My husband and I had ribs and sirloin steak respectively that were cooked to perfection. Desserts were chocolate brownie and sticky toffee pudding that we will order again. The side salad was fresh and tasty. The venue is lovely with big wooden framed windows that gives one feeling of spaciousness. The atmosphere is relaxed with background music audible but not overpowering. Service received from the waitrons was very good and they work as a team. A surprise was to find an art gallery there as well.

1  Thank Alma P

Reviewed 17 September 2016

I've had several meals at Saveur in Loop street and each an every time I am delighted by my experience. The food is simply delicious, and I love the open kitchen where you can see the care and attention dedicated to each dish produced. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list and eager to assist you in selecting the right choices.... which is a tough decision certainly, as the food is all so so yummy, and beautifully presented. Thank you to Chef Mike for such lovely meals! I will continue to come back over and over again!!!

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

My partner and I went to saveur yesterday night and we had a great evening! There was a live performance with a lovely singer just in front of us. The food was good and well presented, I had the kingklip which came with small original vegetables and my partner had the ribs. I was very tasty ! For dessert we ordered a mix of ice creams and a brownie: I have to say we were quite disappointed. The ice creams were simply cheap chocolate and vanilla and the brownie tasted like a slab of chocolate put on top a microwave cake... Another down side is the decoration which is quite uneven and you can see pipes on the wall which makes it less cosy. Otherwise the service was great a fast ! We really appreciated our helpful waiter.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Great service by Gen and welcomed like family by the front of house team.
I had the ribs which were succulent and juicy. The chips were made to perfection to order (crispy) and the tomato side salad really tasty and not the standard boring side.
The choc brownie dessert was mind-blowing. Gooey, chocolatey with perfect ice-cream topped off by a shortbread cookie.
Already looking forward to my next visit and will recommend to anyone!!

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

My partner and I have just visited Saveur Loop Street. This place is AMAZING!!! From the service to the food and the decor. Everything exceeded our expectations. I'm a fussy guy, full of nonsense and I'm not easy to please. The BBQ ribs were delicious and desserts were delectable. If you're having their lekker chips, ask the chef to make it crispy :). Mind-blowingly delicious. Good wine selection by the glass albeit your normal standard wines that you find everywhere. Nonetheless I has a glass of Hartenberg Cab/Merlot which was lovely. Gen serviced us and his service was excellent. Definitely worth a try.

3  Thank hassan_1800