“Rats”

The Greek Fisherman
Ranked #59 of 1 193 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Description: Here at the greek fisherman, we are proud of our roots, so expect traditional greek and mediterranean dishes. But, we also believe in moving with the times, so we've added a modern twist to our otherwise classic menu. Our cuisine includes greek & seafood specialities and we are famous for our greek meze, our souvla (spit roast) and our stunning lamb in the oven. Choose from over 20 meze, starters and tapas! Established in 1992, the greek fisherman is one of the original restaurants in the v&a waterfront and is still owned by the same owners as when the victoria wharf, waterfront opened in 1992. Take a seat and get a glorious view of table mountain while you enjoy delicious seafood and meats grilled over open charcoals.
Reviewed 10 March 2024

Been to the Greek Fidhetman many times and have always enjoyed the food and experience.
Unfortunately, the rats running around the ground is a real turn off.
I spoke with the owner who said there was nothing he can do about it. No rat box’s could be seen and the owner was very matter of a fact about it.
I was there last October when I thought I saw something scurrying across the floor, but thought I was seeing things.
This time I certainly wasn’t seeing things, even the waiter confirmed seeing them.
Unfortunately, I won’t go again until they sort out the rat problem!

Date of visit: March 2024

Reviewed 8 March 2024

I recently went for dinner hosting incentive for a group from Mozambique. We had the best time. The FOOD is abosolutely DIVINE.
Georginia and all the waiters were the best *****

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 1 March 2024 via mobile

A great welcome from all the team at the Greek Fisherman’s . We visited for dinner twice and we were not disappointed on either visit. Gorgeous food Sirloin steak along with Seafood skewer au can highly recommend. We sat inside on one occasion & outside on another. Really busy so perhaps book .

Reviewed 28 February 2024 via mobile

Outstanding as always.
Wonderful sitting in the courtyard on a beautiful summer evening.
Highly recommend and a haven in Sea Point

Reviewed 28 February 2024 via mobile

We walked past one night and saw a crowd waiting to dine so we made a booking. It just happened to be Valentine’s Day so we had to have the set menu. I think the al La carte would have been better. The seafood option came with a rice/spinach side which we both tasted but didn’t eat. It was way overcooked and had a bitter flavor. Oysters were advertised on the set menu but weren’t available (the waitress told me they were re-using old menu’s). Why would you do that? A gentleman who I assume was the owner was parading around with a clip board and appeared to be ticking off guests as they arrived. I think it would be nice if this gentleman had have dressed for the occasion. A woman who I think was his wife was beautifully dressed, all the staff were well dressed in uniforms and this guy wore a polo which was stretched and poor fitting jeans . A little effort would help the ambiance. The best thing about the evening was the guy singing. He was 10/10