“Delicious dinner in quaint city”
Review of Osteria Tarantino

Osteria Tarantino
Ranked #8 of 1 193 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: R 120 - R 320
Description: Authentic Italian family-owned restaurant. Fresh Italian dishes by Chef Enrico Tarantino. Bookings essential via phone, WhatsApp or SMS. No email bookings.
Reviewed 24 February 2024

Delicious dinner by wonderful host Enrico and manager.
Loved our friendly service we felt like we were in Europe in a quarter of a quaint city.

Date of visit: February 2024

Reviewed 20 February 2024

The waiter who served us, along with Enrico, the owner, were phenomenally friendly.

The food was absolutely delicious, and reminded me a lot of my time travelling through rural Italy. It was extremely simple, but high in quality and abundant in taste.

I personally recommend the 4P ravioli with tomato-based sauce.

Enhancing the setting, the background classical music was delightful, giving a real sense of Italy in the restaurant. The presence, taste, and style of Italy were evident in everything

We visited on a Monday night and it was so good we had to come back for Lunch the next day before our flight out of Cape Town.

One of the best restaurants around - cannot recommend you visit here strongly enough! Go go go.

Date of visit: February 2024
Reviewed 27 January 2024 via mobile

Amazing food. Unpretentious restaurant. On a quiet street. Best pasta dishes. The owner is very kind. The service is great.

Reviewed 22 January 2024

Tarantino's is arguably the best authentic Italian pasta joint in town. The pappardelle (of course handmade) carbonara was perfect. Crisp pork cheek, not chewy and not swimming in cream. My wife had a tomato-based spinach ravioli which I tasted was as great. The highlight was the octopus and (2) prawns starter from the Chef's Table which was so tender and full of flavour. At R120 per portion, quite enough to be shared or eaten as a main.

Reviewed 20 January 2024

In the last three years, I have come to this masterclass of a restaurant well over 20 times.

Every time that I have gone, myself and the people I go with are greeted by our names, asked about conversations from the previous visit and treated like family.

I have never had a bad meal, from the veal meatballs, which as Enrico knows, is my staple there, to the 4Ps Bianco and let's not forget dessert! Every bite puts a smile on my face and love in my heart.

To Enrico and all the staff there, thank you for always having a table for me and for always giving me the biggest of smiles.

With all the love