“Hidden gem”
Review of Osteria Tarantino

Osteria Tarantino
Ranked #8 of 1 193 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: R 120 - R 320
Description: Authentic Italian family-owned restaurant. Fresh Italian dishes by Chef Enrico Tarantino. Bookings essential via phone, WhatsApp or SMS. No email bookings.
Reviewed 27 January 2024 via mobile

Amazing food. Unpretentious restaurant. On a quiet street. Best pasta dishes. The owner is very kind. The service is great.

Reviewed 22 January 2024

Tarantino's is arguably the best authentic Italian pasta joint in town. The pappardelle (of course handmade) carbonara was perfect. Crisp pork cheek, not chewy and not swimming in cream. My wife had a tomato-based spinach ravioli which I tasted was as great. The highlight was the octopus and (2) prawns starter from the Chef's Table which was so tender and full of flavour. At R120 per portion, quite enough to be shared or eaten as a main.

Reviewed 20 January 2024

In the last three years, I have come to this masterclass of a restaurant well over 20 times.

Every time that I have gone, myself and the people I go with are greeted by our names, asked about conversations from the previous visit and treated like family.

I have never had a bad meal, from the veal meatballs, which as Enrico knows, is my staple there, to the 4Ps Bianco and let's not forget dessert! Every bite puts a smile on my face and love in my heart.

To Enrico and all the staff there, thank you for always having a table for me and for always giving me the biggest of smiles.

With all the love
Sheldon from Langebaan

Reviewed 18 January 2024

Great Italian food and good service. The Italian owner and the rest of the staff made everybody feel very welcome.

Reviewed 16 January 2024

I saw Brians review from last week, which motivated me to make a quick review, as I cannot agree with him. He must have had an unlucky day. I go to Osteria Tarantino quite frequently and have always a very positiv experience. The owner Enrico is always there and you have a real Italian hospitality. Food is always good and consistent, nice selection of wine and a perfect Espresso. It is not a fine dining place, it is an easy going Italien place with great food, nice atmosphere and friendly hospitality. Thanks Enrico and team.