All reviewslong streetpedestrian mallhi expressgeorge's mallcentral locationper daygreen market squaregreenmarket squarecompany gardenswalking distancestayed at this hotel for nightstable mountainnight lifebreakfast buffetdouble bedrooms are smallbusiness hotel
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This hotel was not easy to find as the entrance is not on a main street. However, once there everything went smooth and without delay. My car was taken and parked in secure hotel parking and I was taken upstairs to reception. Friendly staff full of life made me feel right at home. Checking-in was easy and quick. The room has everything I needed for an overnight stay. As the hotel does not cater for dinner I had to order in as I did not feel like going out. Again this was organised efficiently by the front desk. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear louisl561
Thank you so much for the positive review of our hotel. Your kind comments relating to the staff is much appreciated and will be shared with the entire team. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our complimentary Express Start breakfast.
I do hope that we have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights. Rooms are neat. Breakfast is average. Staff helpful. Had a problem with our room they gave us a new room. Hotel is very central. Easy to get around. Dont mind staying here again. Good 3star hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear nisa1
Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.
I am so pleased to read that the team were able to assist you with an alternative room as per your request.
My apologies that the complimentary Express Start breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations.
I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Rooms were clean and the price was good. Breakfast buffet had lots of options. Got in on a Sunday afternoon and it was a little scary walking around Green Market square--feels much safer on Monday morning.

Room Tip: By signing up for the Holiday Inn Express rewards we were able to get late check out at 3 pm instead of 11 am
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear smartrabbit
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am so pleased to read that overall you found the hotel to be good.
As we are located in the city centre, it is a lot quieter on Sunday's but we have 24 hour security at the hotel and we work closely with CCID which is the city centre security to ensure the safety of our guests at all times.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Rather standard fare, good breakfast and good location for bus tours. Clean and simple. Good value. Good location in city centre, close to local market and bars and restaurants on Long Street (please note very limited number of restaurants open on a Sunday).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Ann H
Many thanks for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to be good value and good location.
I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I just recently left from this hotel on a study abroad trip. This location is the ideal location if you want to be close to local markets, international shopping markets and African finery. The staff was very courteous and nice with breakfast every morning and a great lounge area. The rooms were very nicely furnished with studious lighting next to the beds, this was helpful because I am a student and needed somewhere to study and write at night. I specially love the blue light in the bathroom, it’s quite sexy. When I come back to , particularly Cape Town I will definitely stay here again. Ps. Daryn as well as many of the staff there 5/24-5/29 were very gracious, professional and understanding.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Leron H
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for the wonderful comments relating to the team especially Daryn. This will certainly be shared with the entire team.
We look forward to being of service to you again upon your return to Cape Town.
Thank you for choosing IHG.