“Great service, great value and great staff.”

Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre
Ranked #48 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Very centrally located, excellent staff and a great all inclusive express breakfast at the hotel. Very pleasant pub on the first floor. Reception and pub staff were very good and pleasant. Rooms were very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Dear Jenny I
Many thanks for the wonderful review. I am so pleased to read that you found the staff to be excellent and the rooms very comfortable.
I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed being at this hotel! The staff was very friendly and anything I needed they accommodated. It's really in the center of everything so most of the things we wanted to do were close. The bed was a little harder than expected but otherwise everyone was really nice. I also really enjoyed breakfast. It was real breakfast with all sorts of foods. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear adihsar
Many thanks for the wonderful review of our hotel during your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased to read that you really enjoyed being at the hotel. Many thanks for the recommendation of our hotel, we look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

We have stayed there quite a few times, often having to leave early the next morning. The staff was always friendly and super helpful, allowing us to enter the dining room and getting our breakfast before we start our day. Exactly what you'd want from an Express hotel.
- Correction: September 2015

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a week.
Breakfast was excellent and contains everythings.
The room was clean and tidy all of our saty. The staff was very nice and helpful everybody, espacially Esther, at the reception that did above and beyond for us with a smile and a lought all the time!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear becky g
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent weeks stay. Your kind comments relating to the staff, with special mention of Esther, is greatly appreciated.
I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful city in the near future.

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I was highly disappointed the rooms are really basic and the shower scared me I felt the room and bathroom was not the cleanest.

There were no blankets in the room and it was chilly.

Breakfast is basic.

Staff did not explain properly the terms of our stay that was hooked through work. We had drama we have never had issues with our company before but hotel kept blaming the company.

The parking spaces are so small.

Location might be ok but I think there are far better hotels in Cape Town in the same budget that offer far better.

Both my colleague and I did not enjoy our stay or think that the hotel was impressive in any manner.

It's very basic but for my basic to the point of I wish I was at home, towels look old and are really small bath size is like hand towel.

The fact that is no throw or at least a blanket as the weather changes so fast. Many people at breakfast complained that there were no blankets available.
Wifi super slow the 100mb free not worth it.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
GeneralManagerHIECPT, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear Meshendri P
Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel during your recent stay with us. I am so sorry for all the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us.
As a 3-star limited service hotel, the Intercontinental Hotels Group has certain standards and requirements for each brand (i.e. Holiday Inn Express / Holiday Inn / Crown Plaza, etc.). Designed for the smart traveller, Holiday Inn Express means clean, consistent, and comfortable rooms wherever you go. It’s everything you need in a hotel and nothing you don’t. We do have blankets that are available upon request from the front desk. All of our rooms have percale cotton linen, duvets and individually controlled air conditioning units for heating or cooling the room.
The 100mb free Wifi per device per day is available for all our guests however if you sign up as one of our IHG Rewards Club members you will receive free unlimited WiFi throughout your stay. Membership to IHG Rewards Club is completely free.
Once again, my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences that you experienced, we certainly pride ourselves on the fantastic service that we are known for and I apologise that you did not experience this during your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Town Central
Schotsche Kloof
Hilton Cape Town City Centre
Hilton Cape Town City Centre
#40 of 112 in Cape Town Central
1 406 reviews
Parliament Hotel
#41 of 112 in Cape Town Central
Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town F...
#46 of 112 in Cape Town Central
Hippo Boutique Hotel
#56 of 112 in Cape Town Central
Townhouse Hotel
#50 of 112 in Cape Town Central

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre? Share your experiences!