“Special service on a special occasion”
Review of Villa 47

Villa 47
Ranked #75 of 1 297 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Description: A new culinary concept celebrating Mediterranean and Asian cuisine and showcasing authentic ingredients within 3 unique restaurant environments. Locanda is a relaxed Italian bistro where guests can experience regional speciality dishes prepared by our Italian Chef, Vittorio under the leadership of head Chef, Clayton Bell. Stuzzico, on the first floor, is a vibey tapas bar that brings you innovative flavour creations inspired by the Mediterranean and Asia in an ever-evolving menu. Stuzzico is a warm and moody environment that comes alive in the evening.
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Ten of us - friends & family members went to Villa 47 to celebrate a 16th birthday. The restaurant had a varied menu - from seared tuna, fish of the day, veal, lamb chops, pasta & so on & everything was cooked perfectly. The service was exceptional. Before our meals arrived, we nibbled on a variety of delicious breads from the baskets on the table. It's fairly expensive, but well worth it for a special occasion. By the time we left, every table was occupied, so it seems that it lives up to its excellent reputation.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

I come here often and just love the sophistication of the staff, the well-priced quality wines and of course the food! I've never tasted pasta quite like this. Truly, authentically Italian!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Awesome food, great service. What stood out the most was that even with a busy restaurant and queue in the lounge area, the front of house and team of CHEFS were on the ball, like the perfect couple romance. Mmmm, can't wait to be back.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Today was the second time I’ve ventured into Villa 47. Wish I had trusted my experience from the first time (which was seriously poor). Although the staff and service was good, the food was blandblanbland. I had the steak tartare (not sure it was beef?) misto (tasteless to the extent I didn’t know if I was eating calamari or fish) and, in a hope of finding something that would titillate my tastebuds, a tiramisu (also a complete tasteless fail). I think they sell vibe and sociability - but forget that it’s principal purpose is to serve good food. They succeed in the former but fail dismally in the latter. Any self respecting Italian would give this faker a wide berth.

Villa47, General Manager at Villa 47, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Devil1
Many thanks for taking the time to write yet another TA review on Villa 47.
I see that you last reviewed Villa 47 on the 17 June 2016 (1 star) were you stated that “Not sure this place will last” & ‘’There are so many quality places in Cape Town that there's no reason to go to a plastic place like this”
I find it strange that after your first review and unnecessary comments you chose to come back to Villa 47 again.
I fail to understand that despite the fact that you did not enjoy any of the dishes at Villa 47 you chose not to bring this to the manager’s attention and allow us the opportunity to ensure that you were 100% satisfied but rather left the restaurant and immediately post a review to TA.
We do strive to provide a vibey, sociable atmosphere combined with friendly staff, great service and outstanding Italian food at our beautiful 100% Italian owned Locanda and are well known for our use of quality ingredients and this is indeed why we are privileged to have so many regular ‘real’ Italian guests on a daily basis.
Once again many thanks for joining us at Villa 47 and sharing your opinion on TA.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

10 of us went for a birthday dinner.great welcome table too cramped for 10 adults .waitron excellent well trained especially in pouring 2 bottles of very expensive still water in a few minutes! Bread baskets on table excellent although quantity too little for 10 people.table shred 2 starters-caprese good , villa 47 salad well below average .u had the pasta with broccoli anchovies chilli and garlic-pasta was like eating hard rubber,could not even taste the anchovies and requested more which helped flavor a little. Seared tuna also average and portion much too small, ravioli with spinach and ricotta tasty but chilli was overdone,linefish was kob with vegetables which was bland to say the least, hamburger was terrible if I must be honest,asparagus with a poached egg was enjoyed.good wine list but again over priced as compared to other local restaurants . In summary a below average expensive Italian restaurant-this was my second visit and definitely won’t be going back especially as we have so many excellent Italian restaurants in Cape Town which serve superbly prepared food at fair prices including the likes of Magicaroma , Mammaroma, Il Leone ,Cousins & Osteria Tarentino

Dear Judon333
Many thanks for your review.
I am however struggling to understand why it is that if you were so unhappy with such a broad spectrum of our menu offering you did not simply address this with my highly dedicated management team on the evening. The manager checked on your table at least twice and both times your group indicated that they were enjoying their meals. If you had taken the time to address your unhappiness we would have done everything and anything to ensure that you and your guests were satisfied, this is indeed why we are in hospitality.
However with this said, you complain about six out the eight dishes that you describe in your review which leads me to believe that we probably would not have been able to satisfy your clearly sophisticated palate with our simple, quality, authentic Italian dishes.
Once again many thanks for joining us for your celebration at Villa 47 and taking the time to share your opinion on TA.