“Good vibes, professional service”

The Hussar Grill - Mouille Point
Ranked #21 of 1 188 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: R 100 - R 500
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Hussar Grill Mouille Point in Cape Town is regarded as one of South Africa's premier restaurants, serving only the best steak available, with a comprehensive wine menu.
Reviewed 6 March 2020

My husband and I spent a relaxed few hours at Hussars Grill, Mouille Point, with a lovely view of the ocean at sunset. The service was great, my husband’s chicken burger good and tasty and my lamb chops not quite tender enough. The kindly chef, Grayston, came twice to our table explaining the cut of meat that he was also unhappy about, and then taking it off our final bill! So professional.. we will definitely return! Really thanks Hussar Grill for a lovely evening out!

Date of visit: March 2020
TracyHuxley, General Manager at The Hussar Grill - Mouille Point, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2020

Dear Yvette894,

Thank you for the feedback.
We have spoken to our supplier about your concerns about the lamb chops and he assures us it will never happen again. So, we are watching him closely. With out your feedback, we would have never known there was a problem, so again, Grayston and I thank you.

We look forward to see you again.

Tracy, Grayston and Team Hussar

Reviews (1 437)

101 - 105 of 1 437 reviews

Reviewed 5 March 2020

Great restaurant, great location and great steaks! Excellent service and a good buzz. Really enjoyed our visit.

Date of visit: March 2020
TracyHuxley, General Manager at The Hussar Grill - Mouille Point, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear Anniecads,

Thank you for your support, I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2020

After our friend had told us that he would not go to the Hussar Grill in Mouille Point anymore, we decided to give it a go anyway. It was really disappointing this time round. The staff were not as friendly on our last visits and the steaks were just above average. There was a new manager or chef who also came to ask how our dinner was. He looked untidy and his apron was not clean. We didn't feel comfortable and will take our friends advice and go elsewhere.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank ducktrio
TracyHuxley, General Manager at The Hussar Grill - Mouille Point, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear Ducktrio,

I am so sorry that we disappointed you, that is never our intention.

I can assure you that we work tirelessly to ensure your experience is amazing and to hear that it wasn't saddens me- can I ask that you email me directly to let me know when you were here so that I can identify the person that made you feel uncomfortable (and get to the root of this): tracyh@hussargrill.com

Also if your friend could let us know the issue, I would be very grateful.

My team are still the same team, just one or two new faces. However, if they need more training, I would like to pin point what went wrong.

I am hoping that this was just an off day, but I thank you for your feedback and apologize profusely.

Tracy Huxley

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

Stopped at the Hussar Grill for drinks before a show. I had not eaten and the burger sounded right up my alley! It was done to absolute perfection and the mustard sauce was a winner!

We sat at the bar and received the most amazing service!

Thank you for a lovely start to our evening! We will definitely be back again to try out the rest or the menu!!! :)

1  Thank JamieS402
TracyHuxley, General Manager at The Hussar Grill - Mouille Point, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Dear JamieS402,

Thank you for stopping by to refuel before your show, I am so glad we enticed you.

Thank you also for the kind words, so glad you enjoyed sitting at the bar and being entertained by the barmen. They are characters and have their own followers.

We look forward to seeing you again soon to sample the rest of our menu.

Reviewed 1 March 2020

Nice interesting restaurant, very good steaks. Good service and good wine selections. Loved that to be there

Date of visit: February 2020
TracyHuxley, General Manager at The Hussar Grill - Mouille Point, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Dear Roland S,

Thank you for recommending our restaurant to others.

We are so glad that you came and enjoyed your experience.
We loved serving you and value your custom.

We look forward to seeing you again.