“Excellent Middle Eastern restaurant”
Review of Midtown

Midtown
Ranked #374 of 1 227 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Description: Authentic Modern Middle-Eastern Restaurant and Bar in the heart of the Mother City, Cape Town. Midtown serves bold and flavour forward food that honours Middle Eastern traditions and marries them with unexpected cuisines from around the world. Taking culinary cues mainly from the Middle East, Italy and France.
Reviewed 23 September 2016

I am writing this review after my third visit to this restaurant. This place is definitely my favorite restaurant in Cape Town at the moment. It has always been a struggle to find good Middle Eastern food in Cape Town so I am very happy this place has opened.

The decor is lovely and warm inside, service has always been attentive and their prices are very reasonable. I love their meze but I have to always leave space for one of their grilled main dishes. I am not much for desserts normally but what I had last time I was there (some milk based pudding with nuts) was amazing.

I can definitely recommend this restaurant if you like Middle Eastern food or if you just want a nice grilled meat dish.

1  Thank Ted H

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We had our wineclub meeting at this wonderful restaurant! The atmosphere is warm and cosy, the food was absolutely amazing and the service attentive. Not too pricey and the owner was very hands on and avaliable to chat to. Will definately recommend it, we will surely visit again.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Just had the perfect diner at this awesome restaurant. Great food, beautiful wine and friendly host! Thank you, we will definitely make this a regular stop from the mundane everyday "popular" places we tend to always go to. Really someplace special to visit!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Really great food, good atmosphere, lovely staff. So nice to have a place like this right in town and it's open on Mondays. Go go go!

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Loved the decor, atmosphere and food! The owner was very attentive and hands on Think this is going to be one of the new hotspots on the Cape Town restaurant scene!