“Lovely venue”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2015

If you are in Cape Town you are sure to spend some time in The Waterfront. If you want to eat go to the Salero, it is on the wing where the posh designer shops are to be found.
The tables are set on a long, narrowing room which has wonderful views over Table Bay. We had a superb lunch from a good menu at reasonable menu. The service was friendly, courteous and efficient.
Got to be one of the best in the Waterfront.

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank p_paxton627

Reviewed 12 February 2015

We decided on a late lunch and did not feel like the crowds so headed off to the quieter spot area of the V&A Waterfront..

Salaro has lovely views over Granger Bay and we were able to sit quietly as most of the lunch parties were finishing up at 16.00 hrs! The Manageress was charming and chatty and the food good.

My sole was served with veg - a healthy change from those large plates of chips that many restaurants opt to serve. My partner enjoyed his steak and we finished with a fruit platter.

The menu has a number of options for various tastes & preferences.

Being a Sunday, there were a number of boats out in the bay, having fun. Relaxing to watch while enjoying a leisurely meal

Date of visit: February 2015
1  Thank Judelle D
Reviewed 8 January 2015

very friendly tapas restaurant the Waterfront in Cape Town. This is the second visit and both times, we have had great food. Whether it is a full meal or tapas.

1  Thank LeeMoon
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Great food at affordable prices. I ordered the ostrich burger with chips. And my wife had the chicken prego. Both meals were well worth it, and tasted delicious.

Reviewed 23 December 2014

Thobeka ,one of the young ladies working at the the Salerno 'convinced' us we should come in as we stood undecidedly studying at the menu. For the dozens of restaurants at the V&A Waterfront for choices I thought she did very well - the maitre d (Adam) was not impressed. I personally think that a maitre d ' shirt sleeves should either be buttoned down or rolled up - two turns up implies a cavalier attitude.
The venue on the outside terrace was fantastic - glass fronted and unobstructed views of the ocean/ harbour. This could be great for a romantic evening - we were there at lunch-time. I ordered the potato and leek soup (35 degrees outside temperature ) hardly a fitting starter but then how else to compare with the N. Hemisphere soups (where temperatures are closer to zero at present!). Couldn't taste the puréed vegetables which were smothered with cream.
My calamari main arrived drowned in lemon-butter ( this was not mentioned in the menu) and lemon will kill any taste of the dish. Like pouring tomato sauce over a lobster Thermidor or ,heaven forbid, a good brews I! However, full marks for the tenderness of the seafood steaks and the portions were generous.
Would I go back - yes - sans the lemon.