“A superb and most reasonably-priced Italian-style restaurant in the Cape Quarter. Not to be missed.”

Alforno Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #308 of 1 226 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Description: Alforno Ristorante Italiano is a trendy Italian restaurant with a modern feel. We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our menu simple, fresh and tasty!! Come join us for a wonderful wood-oven pizza, great pastas or delicious cocktails!! We are situated in the De Waterkant village, Green point Cape Town.
Reviewed 8 January 2017

This was my first visit to this restaurant. I have known the owner's excellent standards for some time and my dining experience yesterday excelled my expectations. I can wholeheartedly recommend a visit (visits!). There is a grand variety to choose from - my choice of spaghetti with basilio was superb: perfectly cooked with the most delicate hint of basil. I finished with a delicious light cassata which a homemade one - all accompanied with a chilled Rose wine. I found it the perfect place to relax and lunch after a busy morning.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

Stopped there for breakfast ( Big mistake !! ) Four out of eight meals were incorrect, late, incomplete and terrible. My portion of French fries arrived after my meal was finished. Then the outstanding two orders of French toast arrived so it was staggered deliveries. The staff were not even concerned and showed no remorse when we complained. Lastly, the syrup was so old it had crystallized !! My friends, plus anyone I know, will not visit this restaurant ever again.

Reviewed 25 November 2016

Pizza happiness!!! Definitely a wonderful evening spent with my wife and friends, we will be back.
Wonderful service and excellent thin crust pizzas , out of this world!

Reviewed 6 November 2016

What a pleasant restaurant to eat it at! I have visited a lot of Cape Town's restaurants and I must admit that Alforno is on my Top 10 personal list. The decor is a well-combined mixture of modern and vintage. The service is great, not once have I had a bad experience over the frequent visits. The food is excellent, you should try out the chicken panini or Angela's pizza! The owner is friendly and you can notice the guy is very passionate about what he does. To many more visits!

1  Thank Jean-Paul A
Reviewed 6 November 2016

We had dinner with friends at Alforno on a Thursday night and we loved the food, the pleasant ambiance with a band playing and the decor! I had the linguine salmone and the sauce was delicious with tomato sauce and just a touch of cream. One of my friends had the curried prawn pasta and though I was skeptical at first, I tried the pasta and loved it! The restaurant is well situated in Greenpoint, the prices are reasonable and the owner is very welcoming. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Elodie C