Open today: 06:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Brilliant hike around Cape Point and Table mountain.

Nick was an extremely knowledgeable and professional guide who taught us so much about the history... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
wanderingsloth
Ibiza, Spain
A day and a half walking tours of Cape Point, Boulders Beach, National Park, Cape of Good Hope, Table Mountain

Nick was the perfect host and guide. Packing various beautiful locations into our very short stay... read more

Reviewed 5 November 2018
Camper36504774310
via mobile

All reviews platteklip gorge fitness levels flora and fauna his knowledge half day hike great guide devil's peak table mountain perfect weather nature reserve knowledgeable guide south africa cable car signal hill ashby dam safety
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I booked an afternoon hike up Table Mountain with Nick and we ended up walking up the Devil's Peak route, somewhat away from the more popular routes up. It was a memorable afternoon. As well as being blessed with perfect weather and visibility, Nick proved to be a very knowledgeable guide and most interesting and engaging person. What he doesn't know about the local fauna and flora simply isn't worth knowing! The highlight was sharing some delicious pineapple that Nick had brought along on the top of a rock with a view. I thoroughly recommend Nick as a guide; he was informative and, above all, fun!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Moniquefrancis
Nicholas A, Owner at Cape Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you for your company. It was a really fine way to spend an afternoon, showing you our city from one of its less-travelled vantage points.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I just want to say a big thank you our mountain guide Nick. My boy friend and I did a table Mountain tour which was guided by Nick. He was very informative and he really cared about us having a great time, we're able to take photos, find stopping as much as we wanted too. We loved our time with him, thank you very much for sharing all you know about the species with us. I can highly recommend Nick to everybody.

Date of experience: May 2018
Nicholas A, Owner at Cape Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hi Gabriele

It was a thorough pleasure. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Friends and I booked Nick for a half day hike in the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, and this ended up being one of the highlights of our trip. Nick is an engaging and personable guide with a wealth of knowledge about the local flora, fauna, geography, and history. He even had some excellent recommendations for points of interest and activities for the rest of our trip along the Garden Route. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Date of experience: April 2018
Nicholas A, Owner at Cape Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thanks. Glad it was a memorable day for you too. All the best.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

First off, Nicholas was an incredible guide and fantastic person. We could not have had a better time with him, he's extremely knowledgeable of the mountain and all aspects - and a great person all around. Highly recommend!!!

Date of experience: March 2018

Thanks. It was great to share one of the most special areas of the mountain. You were great company, and good trainers. I haven't had many such fast-paced clients. Keep well.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Nick came highly recommended by my son and his family, who enjoyed hiking up the mountain with him during 2017. Nick and I planned a half day on Table Mountain, but it wasn’t to be; the famous “Table Cloth” enveloped the mountain in cloud and this combined with a high wind, made for a hasty change of plan.
As it happened Nick put together a really interesting and fun day, so there was no disappointment for me, a complete newcomer to CapeTown. We started with a short hike on Signal Hill, whilst Nick explained the geology of the mountains. Then down to Sea Point for a very pleasant waterfront walk and a good chance to do some birding.
After a welcome coffee break we headed into the city, where Nick took me to the fascinating and colourful streets of Bo-Kaap, the traditional Malay Muslim quarter and well worth a visit. The homemade samosas we bought there made for a delicious lunch under the trees in the delightful Company’s Garden.
Nick was a brilliant guide throughout this day and I learned much about the mountains, CapeTown and its people.
On my second half day with Nick, we set off early to get down to Table Mountain National Park and Cape Point, but I so enjoyed a good hike in Olifantbos Bay, that we got no further. Walking on glorious sandy beaches was too good to give up, especially with plenty of interesting birds around.
A highlight was seeing a beautiful herd of Bontebok antelope, a real treat to see these animals that were once on the brink of extinction. Then as we were leaving the park we saw three ostriches among a sea of plants known as Snow Bushes. The flowering plants in the area where we hiked were many and varied.
The road journey along the coast road was incredibly scenic and all the while Nick was giving me a running commentary, he is a real mine of information and also great fun. I was sad to say goodbye, but my last hours in South Africa were well spent!

Date of experience: January 2018
Nicholas A, Owner at Cape Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Betty,
Sorry for this late response. It was indeed a memorable couple of days. It was great showing you around the wilder spots of this city to someone so appreciative and knowledgable.