“Very Bad Service, Not Child Friendly.”

The Butcher Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Description: Located along the world renowned sunset strip of Camps Bay, The Butcher Restaurant offers local premium quality steak and seafood. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 19 September 2018

My friends visited the restaurant on the 9th of September, we got a bought a hyperli voucher and from the start we were treated differently. We did not have a printout of the voucher but we gave the unique code and they said no they want the actual voucher. We sent it on their e-mail and we waited 2 hours for them to receive it and for us to to get our food, our waiter was rude and offish and not friendly at all. When we were asking why it was taking so long he said: 'I am just a waiter' We asked for the manager numerous times and he never came to our table! I wanted to change my son, they have no facilities for that either had to put my son on the floor in the toilet. What a terrible experience!! Finally when the food arrived, It was great! I had a steak and it was scrumptious Nope Do not go there!!

2  Thank thabisamampofu

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Ever had a 'food high'? You know...when you feel elated because of the quality of the food you're eating. I had that at The Butcher.
Ordered mussels to start (huge, plump, served with the most delicious broth and locally sourced bread), followed by a heart-shaped fillet steak that could have been cut with a butter knife. Complemented with generous side dishes and one of the best reds I've drunk by the glass (Pinotage).
Service was super friendly and efficient, and value for money superb.
I left with the biggest smile on my face - loved it.

1  Thank Max_Deacon
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend & I passed by here on a whim and decided the menu looked really authentic. I’m so glad we stayed! I had the seafood platter. He had the meat (kudu, springbok, ostrich). Both were amazing! You’d never get a meal like that for that price in the US. Great service, great prices, amazing food, and the sun sets at your feet. Definitely a favorite in Cape Town! Super memorable...

1  Thank MLF360
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I was looking forward to visiting here as this would be the first time I tried food associates with this great country.
I had a starter Carpaccio and for main course Surf Safari which is Kudu and Prawns.
Disappointed sorry, they covered the meat in sauce when I’d asked them not to? But cooked well, although the prawns were over cooked.
The staff were nice.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Had a nice steak here, close to the Hop-on-Hop-of bus. Food was great and so was the view, will defnitely recommend this restaurant when doing the Hop-on-Hop-of bus.

Date of visit: August 2018