“Great Service and a lovely meal”

The Butcher Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Price range: US$4 - US$27
Description: Located along the world renowned sunset strip of Camps Bay, The Butcher Restaurant offers local premium quality steak and seafood. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We came here one evening, quite late but were welcomed in by the owner and his staff and at no time did we feel that we were overstaying our welcome.
We had some beautiful Springbok Carpaccio and stunning Trinchado (I need the recipie for this one!). We then had a huge fillet steak and a superbly cooked Rib Eye. I must say that the service we recieved oin South Africa was exellent but the waitress at the Butcher went one better and nothing was too much trouble. I cant wait to go back when we return to Cape Town.

Maja_Tosh, Manager at The Butcher Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hi RichK-T Thank you for your kind review of our restaurant on tripadvisor, we are so happy that we could make your dining experience a memorable one. Looking forward to welcoming you again. The Butcher Team

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Average meal at best... steaks ok...

Order a steak you get no trimmings apart from 1 choice of potatoes etc everything else is extra.

The shocking peice was me filling in my 1100 ish rand bill to exactly that 1100 ish ( I always leave tips in cash) and the cheeky bugger of a waiter pointing this out to me... that I had not left a tip.
SOUTH AFRICA IS NOT AMERICA!!
I did leave a bit of a tip after this ( in cash), but I was stunned by the assumption of a tip and the bad manners. Shocking.
I would not revisi this place given the high quality of the rest of the places on the strip.

Hi Gary
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on tripadvisor and be assured that such actions are not taken lightly. we strive to ensure that our guests leave satisfied in all aspects of the dining experience. I really hope that should you find yourself in the area again, that you would allow us to make up for past transgressions.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to a nice steak dinner, ended up very disappointed and even sick after visiting this restaurant. For starter i had the mussels, which were dry and seemed to be reheated. The main course (tbone and steak) were not tender at all. Sorry to say we will not visit this restaurant again!

Hi hschinck
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that dining experience was not up to the standard that we fight so hard to maintain. I hope that should you find yourself in our area again, we could make up for past transgressions.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Disappointing - expensive seafood platter was swamped in salt and the rib plate was tough. I wouldn't recommend it.

Hi Axel

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Thanks to the Butcher’s team for a great evening meal out. The meal was at the top end of our expectations and arguably the best we had in Camps Bay.

Hi Patrick Thank you for your kind review of our restaurant on tripadvisor, we are so happy that we could make your dining experience a memorable one. Looking forward to welcoming you again. The Butcher Team