“Amazing food, great view”
Review of Del Mar

Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Saw a sign at ground level for lunch deal at Del Mar so we went upstairs to the restaurant and sat on the balcony/ terrace area. Pretty quiet, only one other couple in there that day but that suited me and my wife anyway. Very nice waiter who greeted us in English then also welcomed us in his native language (assuming Afrikaans) which was cool. Had the most delicious avocado and bacon burger with fries and a beer, overlooking the Camps Bay beach and the ocean. Great little spot for lunch and good value.

Date of visit: September 2018
FrequentFlier743063, Guest Relations Manager at Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Sunshine690428,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We appreciate it and are delighted to know that you enjoyed your meal accompanied by a wonderful view of the beach.

We hope to see you again, soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Visited Del Mar last night for dinner whilst on vacation, worst meal / dining experience of a 2 week vacation around South Africa.

Restaurant was empty upon arrival. We ordered starters, nachos with beef; arrived warm & quite small in size, cheese not fully melted. Along with Jalepeno & cheese croquettes, seemed fried from a packet, average at best, had better from Iceland Frozen Food store in UK. Not a great start. My corona was nice & cold so not all lost.

Chicken fajitas described on menu as chicken leg, asked waitress if we could have breast meat, bluntly told no, when I asked why, was told the meat is already prepared, by this I assume purchased/bought in & not freshly prepared in the kitchen. The restaurant now had a second table of diners, but I find it impossible to understand why the chef could not prepare with chicken breast? I told waitress my wife is pregnant & we need lean meat not fatty, cheap chicken, I was assured the chicken was lean.

We ordered 1 x chicken & 1 x beef fajita dishes, I was not asked how we would like the beef cooked, again, as my wife is pregnant we need the beef cooked thoroughly & well done.

Chicken arrived looking disgusting, fatty & processed, I sent it back as I wouldn’t of fed it to a dog. Beef arrived medium, which normally would be fine, but had to send it back to be cooked a little further. When re-received, was average, we ate it.

For a Mexican restaurant not to be able to prepare good nachos & fajitas is questionable. Overall a terrible dinner.

Date of visit: September 2018
FrequentFlier743063, Guest Relations Manager at Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are extremely disappointed to hear about your experience with us. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Kindly send us an email to feedback@Bukhara.com with a copy of your review.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

I know Mexican food as tasty, but that was one of the tasteless foods I ever ate! Full of other nicer restaurants nearby!

Hi there VuidiQ,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are terribly sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience with us. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Kindly send us an email to feedback@Bukhara.com.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

I really like the food and enjoyed the experience. It has a nice patio over the camps bay beach and well equipped with heaters.

Date of visit: July 2018
Management response:Responded 29 July 2018

Hi there Ahmad,

Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us.

We do hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

This is one of those restaurants you sit awhile and take it all in. The views are amazing, the drinks are delicious and the staff is delightful. Did I mention the food is fantastic? Really, you won't want this night to end.

Date of visit: January 2018
Management response:Responded 29 July 2018

Hi there DPSF,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted to read about our experience with us.

We look forward to having you dine with us again at our Del Mar Camps Bay, soon.