“Best sushi we've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Umi

Umi
Ranked #22 of 46 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
manchester
“Best sushi we've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Title says it all. Great service, delicious food and a gorgeous sea view. They even do vegetarian exceptionally well! Yum.
This will be our first choice on our return.

London
“Food way below par - Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I ate here and we were very disappointed. Drinks order was incorrect, wrong starter brought out.

The miso soup (starter) was way too salty and the tian of prawns very bland (I've had so much better). We both ordered the black cod (R1400 for two) for our main and it was almost inedible - way way too salty!! It was miso covered served with a mini pot of more salty miso and a drizzle of another overly salty sauce. Now don't get me wrong we like miso but was over overkill, like eating the paste straight out of a jar! No balance of flavours on any of their dishes. We were so disappointed with our starter and main that we didn't bother with dessert.

I would take my business to the gangster film sounding name fish restaurant 2 mins walk behind this place.

Visited April 2017
“Great view, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took family for dinner. Great view looking down on vibey street.

Great location for sundowners.

Efficient service.

Sushi was average. Hamburger did not impress my daughter. Wine overpriced.

If you want to eat sushi there are better alternatives - including take-away and sitting on the beach and Mezzepoli which is almost next door.

Epsom
“Refreshingly new!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2017

We had dinner in Umi. Overlooking the beach front great position for your experience. Food really good, a very worthwhile try. Will visit again on our next visit to Camps bay

Visited February 2017
“Great for Views and Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2017

Stopped here after watching the sunset on Camps Bay Beach. Camps Bay doesn't fail for sunsets and Umi is a nice setting to sit, chat, have a few drinks and some sushi. The restaurant is a bit confusing in layout, I think by day they have a different set up compared to the night. The waiter was very friendly. The Sushi, like most sushi in Cape Town is pleasant but nothing to write home about, good value though. Big portions. I would come back and I would recommend this place if you like atmosphere, views and good value food.

• Visited February 2017