“Refreshingly new!”

Ranked #20 of 47 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2017

We had dinner in Umi. Overlooking the beach front great position for your experience. Food really good, a very worthwhile try. Will visit again on our next visit to Camps bay

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Stopped here after watching the sunset on Camps Bay Beach. Camps Bay doesn't fail for sunsets and Umi is a nice setting to sit, chat, have a few drinks and some sushi. The restaurant is a bit confusing in layout, I think by day they have a different set up compared to the night. The waiter was very friendly. The Sushi, like most sushi in Cape Town is pleasant but nothing to write home about, good value though. Big portions. I would come back and I would recommend this place if you like atmosphere, views and good value food.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Nice find on Camps Bay. Great food and good service. We had the potstickers to start and Teriyaki beef and chicken for mains. The beef was extremely tender and the chicken tasty, both served with sticky rice. Glad we chose here from the other places. Very reasonable to.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

I decided to take my Wife and Daughter for Sushi @ Umi, as my visiting Cousins from Johannesburg had introduced my wife and I to Umi on there last visit to Cape Town, Food was Great that Day, as it was on this Beautiful Evening.

Our opinion was that it was the Best Sushi that we have ever Tasted, because it was so Fresh, and when eating the Flavors could be Tasted as one was chewing, that became an Experience.

The service I would say is very average and has room for improvement.

Most beautiful views and a Stunning Environment to Enjoy your meal, in a comfortable setting.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a early dinner at UMI , and reserved a table overlooking the bay. What a wonderful spot to enjoy the sunset , its world class.

A relaxed atmosphere , with quality sushi options made the evening most enjoyable.

As one would expect in CT the service is friendly and a little delayed in urgency.

Great sundown and pre dinner drinks spot