“Good food with a spectacular view ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Umi

Umi
Ranked #22 of 46 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, View, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Good food with a spectacular view ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

On a hot sunny Sunday afternoon we dined at this amazing restaurant out on the terrace overlooking Camps Bay beach. We were very pleased with our meal. I had the Pork Belly which was exactly the way I dreamed it would be. My cutlery melted through the pork belly which was succulent on the inside and crisp on the outside. This was paired with tasty shoe string fries. My husband had the lamb cutlets which to me looked absolutely delicious and I could see he really enjoyed his meal. We'll definitely be back.

“Great sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Cape Town as most know is full of really great restaurants probably more so than any other city I have visited. Every February we rent a house but not usually in Camps Bay but this year has been a little different. With only a 5 minute walk to the restaurants of Camps Bay we ended up visiting Uni on 4 occasions during 10 days. Umi seems to attract mixed reviews but I can comfortably say that we had some great meals,fantastic sushi and not once did we experience bad service and there were 10 of us. We enjoyed two lunches and two dinners absolutely no complaints, competition on 'the strip' is fierce so I'm surprised that other diners experience has not been as good as ours.

London, United Kingdom
“Great food with oriental flavours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2017

My wife ate mainly Japanese food while mine was more European in style but with oriental spicing. Food everywhere in Camps Bay was good but Umi provided something different and very palatable.

As we had not booked we decided to have an early dinner (7pm) and were given a great table at the front of the terrace - restaurant is at first floor with a small outside terrace - with a great view over the beach and the ocean. Eat early whether you book or not to get the view.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2017

Most expensive meal we had in cape town. Service was pleasant but main courses let it down alongside the resident rat running around our feet and up the palm tree which the staff brushed off. We know they are around I just don't expect them to join us for dinner.

Visited January 2017
1 Thank Ann E
Kove_Mngt, Public Relations Manager at Umi, responded to this review, 2 March 2017
Hi Ann E,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback of your recent visit to Umi.

We would appreciate it if you would email the details of your visit to
michellene@kovecollection.co.za as we would like to address the issues you have raised in your review.

Kind regards,
Michellene Leo
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Spacious restaurant on the first floor facing the setting sun.
Competent service, and despite some of the reviews all 5 of us enjoyed our food and wine. Given how much we consumed the bill came to R600 per head which I thought v reasonable.