“Appalling.. insects crawling out of our food !!! ”
Review of Phuket Restaurant

Phuket Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 54 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve left this review to warn others as this is undoubtably the worst experience I’ve had in any restaurant.

We had ordered starters to share while our mains were prepared.. When they arrived there was no cutlery or plates and we had go find them ourselves even though we were the only table in the restaurant for lunch.. waiters and owner/manger just looked on..

The starters arrived and as we shared them out it was obvious the food was not fresh and had been cooked more than once.. tasteless, soggy and oily is the the only words to describe it..

On discovering some sort of live insects crawling out of the cold starters we called the manger over to remove the food from the table..

Well, the response was unbelievable!!

The manger started shouting that it was Pick n Pay’s fault as that’s where she buys her food. She removed the one plate and told us to eat the rest of the food as it was ok ...

I told her we were happy to pay for the drinks and requested the bill.. after much resistance the bill was presented with the food still on it .. !! Still arguing that it’s was not their fault and insisted we pay the bill.

Needles to say we paid for the drinks and left with her still arguing and moaning as we exited.

Ovoid at all costs !!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 29 November 2017

I almost fell of my chair when reading some of the positive comments about this restaurant. This is not Thai food in fact this must be one of the worst places you could ever dine at in Camps Bay. I would stay for away as nothing is fresh and do not talk about the cocktails.

You have been warned "STAY FAR AWAY"

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank RayaanR2
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a meal there tonight and the food was simply awful- this is not Thai food by any standard and the staff were extremely rude. The couple behind us were equally horrified by the food they ordered and how it turned out in their plate. The drinks ordered were equally terrible. To make things worse, the food was way too salty and clearly came straight from a microwave. This has to be the worse restaurant experience we have ever had and will never ever go back there - I wouldn’t wish such an experience on my worse enemy. Restaurants like this shouldn’t be allowed in the public.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank JeromeT886
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Situated on the Camps Bay strip overlooking the ocean. Grab a table on the inside or sit outside and have a beautiful view of the setting sun. Open till 10.30pm. The sushi is fresh and they had a special on of buy and 2 and get the 3rd one free. Setting is comfortable but not high end. A nice place for an enjoy sit down with a great view. They also have other dishes on the menu. No pork on the menu but lots of Pad Thai. Prices are average for sushi. Friendly staff. They have moved to their new location on top of the Pick n Pay in the mall. Steps to the entrance from the Beachfront as well as the parking lot at the back.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Three ate here last night. Very friendly sevice. We thought the menu was limited but our choice of food was good and quite tasty. Would we visit again? Perhaps not, but this was not a bad experience and the cost of the food was acceptable.

Date of visit: October 2017