Lowest prices for your stay
US$163
US$151
PricelineUS$171
eDreamsUS$163
ZenHotels.comUS$233
All reviews rope bridge the main house cape town nature reserve colonial style table mountain watch the sunset beautiful property south africa few minutes walk twelve apostles tennis benson ravine sea views fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2021

We stayed in the Forest Pods. I give this place a 10/10!!! Amazing view, staff, food, facilities, privacy etc. Everyone was friendly! Nice walking routes on the premises... it felt like an enchanted forest! I never knew this place existed. Cannot wait to go back!!!

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 March 2021

Autumn has never looked this good than how I saw it in South Africa and more precisely at Camps Bay Retreat. We’ve spent 2 nights in this amazing property and it was like tunnel through space and time, where everything had that old school charm. When we first got there it was super sunny and nice, so we took these pictures and then relaxed on the grass having a glass of wine. We’ve seen then the most spectacular red sunset. The dinner was exquisite, so was the wine and the location, a dream.
The next day was rainy with some interruptions, but I must say that it was the best rainy day of my life, without exaggeration. I cannot think of a better place to be on a rainy day than Camps Bay Retreat. The have there on the property the most amazing, funny, smart and playful dog, Bengers with whom I fell in love with and spent the entire day with her. First she came to me with a tennis ball in her mouth. We’ve played a lot, I threw her the ball and then she brought it back. When she got tired we’ve stayed near the fireplace and chilled. They have in there and impressive room filled with books, old coins, chess table and everything you can possibly need to have a wonderful rainy day.
The view from our room was like a painting where the deep blue ocean meets the green jungle of their property. It was indeed a dream and Camps Bay has been my favourite location from South Africa. I truly, honestly recommend you stay at Camps Bay Retreat for a magical and unforgettable experience.

Date of stay: May 2020
2  Thank Larisa C
Reviewed 11 January 2021

Truly a retreat within the city boundaries, the property is one of the most unique settings to stay at in Cape Town. It must have been a real passion project once, with the heartbeat and care of the curator still reverberating, but the spirit somewhat heartbreakingly and slowly fading. It's an incredibly romantic place to stay as a couple, while offering multiple activities from tennis to direct magnificent Glen Beach access in a more wind protected part of Camps Bay. I would love to see the property under a fresh management team that would resuscitate the magic and full potential of its incredible setting and curation. Highly recommend it as a unique and memorable stay amongst otherwise uninspired Camps Bay hotels.

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 December 2020

We visited as a staycation. I didnt even know the hotel existed before searching for a luxury weekend away. We were so surprised to find this property. The gardens are stunning. It was novel walking across a foot bridge to get to our small villa. The actual villa was relatively simple, but the private outside area was lovely. We enjoyed eating on the verandah of the main property. The food was very good and the staff were attentive. Would happily go back

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 23 November 2020

Beautiful grounds and close proximity to the beach. This is an establishment that cares more about money than service. I stayed in a room in the villa, beautifully appointed, but make sure that staff explain the house rules to you, as there are none in writing. Also insist that all the other rooms in the villa are locked if not occupied. The villa is used by others, workers and management flowed though without a word of greeting. A belligerent management style made my stay an unpleasant one. I would not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2020