“Don't care about their customers”
Review of Dizzys Cafe

Dizzys Cafe
Ranked #21 of 54 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Description: A chilled family restaurant for that artisan UBER coffee. Lunch and dinner is served including the best thin based wood fired pizzas in Camps Bay, salads, burgers, lasagne and snacks. Live entertainment most Friday evenings and all major sporting events screened on our big screens. Please see our website for more info on our monthly events. We are the only restaurant in Camps Bay serving food after 22h00 and our pub only closes in the early hours of the morning. We boast a 04h00 full bar license and are open 7 days a week, no exceptions.
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Based in the lack of friendliness if staff alone, I would not recommend this place. You really have to fight for a smile. It seems they only care about rich customers who can afford to rack up a huge bill and therefore tip. They weren't too happy when my wife and I wanted just drinks. Plus they don't like explaining the menu or lack thereof on beers available.

So my recommendation don't go here. It may seem like a good idea because camps bay is a beautiful place but you better off elsewhere. They basically located in a shopping block parking lot so not the views you would be expecting in camps bay.

Date of visit: July 2018
CedricCapeTown, Owner at Dizzys Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your review. We do pride ourselves with our service as well as our offerings. Please feel free to send me a direct email on info@dizzys.co.za as I would like to get more information on which day you had the bad experience etc.

I do apologise for it and would like to make sure it does not happen again.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Came for karaoke. The whole bar was full of drunk American teenagers, supplemented by locals that are too “mature” to be here.

Date of visit: June 2018
CedricCapeTown, Owner at Dizzys Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for the review. There is a group of American students living across the road who are in Cape Town for a variety of studies between June and August. Being American they love karaoke. Please do join us again towards the end of August when the students have left. Looking forward to hosting you then.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

This may be a good place to grab a bite during the day but at night it attracts a "Youthful" audience intent of consuming as much alcohol as is physically popular. I am not adverse to a night on the tiles but if you like drinking and relaxing without losing your hearing then I would give it a miss. Although if you are a teenager then it might be perfect.

Date of visit: April 2018
CedricCapeTown, Owner at Dizzys Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for the review.
We do host 21st birthday parties from time to time, and unfortunately these do get loud and raucous. However we do have a no under 21 rule and our youthful audience is catered for on select nights only. Please do join us on another evening for an evening of "adult" fun.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Myself and my wife had dinner here. We'd nachos to start, which were quite good.
My wife had a burger, and I had a full portion of ribs.
The burger was good, not spectacular.
The ribs I was pretty disappointed in, I expect really good ribs to have the meat falling from the bone which was anything but the case with these, you had to work to get all the meat off. This may well be just a difference in the meat from where I'm from...
The fries were really good! Perfect crisp and fluffieness inside.
There are "parking attendants" outside, one of which came running after us to ask for the food I'd had packaged up to go, which was fine as I didn't want the food but something to be aware of just.

Date of visit: May 2018
Liketobespoilt, Manager at Dizzys Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Good day, thank you for the feedback. We will endeavor to make sure the rib offering is bettered. We trust you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again.
Unfortunately the parking attendants do not work for us and we do not have any control over them. It is something that we will however keep an eye on.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Best thin and crispy pizza I have ever had. Went in to watch the game and have a few beers. I didn't bother going into town so I ordered a pizza. Absolutely perfect

Date of visit: April 2018
Liketobespoilt, Manager at Dizzys Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you very much for the review. Our pizzas are arguably the best in Cape Town. With an oven that is 35 years old, it can almost bake a pizza by itself. We will be screening all the world cup games live from 14 June. Hope to see you there.