Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$100
Hotels.comUS$82
Trip.comUS$100
TravelocityUS$82
CheapTicketsUS$82
All reviews great location cape town restaurants and bars studio apartment victoria road accommodation marion views furnishings sea balconies
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2021

This hotel cruises on the fact that they are opposite the beach on the main thoroughfare through Camps Bay.

However, this establishment is just plain tired!!

Maintenance is hugely lacking together with daily upkeep of the premises. Our room had leak marks/stains/mold on the ceiling that had not been attended to fr many years.

When entering the hotel through the outside from the parking area, the rubber on the steps was peeling off in places as well as tatty trucking fr cables in a terrible shape.

The floor covering tiles in the common area appeared to hv spilt marks on them never being washed fr many a day - in front of our room too.

My bedside lamp’s cable was far too short to reach the plug - goodness knows how long this has been the case.

The kitchen signifies self catering however, no pots cld be found anywhere. The coffee cups were the size of thimbles and only three, not four. Actually three items only with many of the utensils in the kitchen. The ice compartment had ice cubes still stuck to the bottom of the ice compartment so nothing u put in could b level.

The curtain lining had a tear in it and the press studs at the bottom of the duvet cover were missing and the inner coming out. The bottom of the curtains were filthy from countless brooms going past them.

The geyser on the third night packed up and the water running into the bath was chocolate brown. We had to wake the gentleman who runs the reception area who graciously wld allow us to use the room above ours to bath and shower the following morning.

On the first night a party was held in one of the rooms on the upper floors with laughing, shrieking and a general racket till 2:30am roughly. Then on the third night this occurred as well.

All in all - we will not be returning or recommending this place to others. I will say, the staff were very pleasant and nothing appeared to b too much trouble but sadly that is not all that makes a hotel great place to stay.

I sincerely hope the owner reads this comment - it is not a criticism in as much as a cry fr help from your once beautiful hotel.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2021

Staff at Place on bay was very helpfull and made us feel very welcome.. The spot on the beach front you could want.. and the place was very neat and is walking distance so you can walk and enjoy the views..

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 27 April 2021 via mobile

I don’t believe I ever wrote a negative review for a hotel, however, I couldn’t hold back..

I booked this hotel and prepaid for 4 nights, based on the pictures.. Upon arrival, I immediately realized that I made a terrible mistake, the place looked nothing like the pictures, it felt like a hostel. Nevertheless, I decided to check in since I had already paid for
4 nights. After a couple of hours there, I just couldn’t stay, it was dirty, creepy, stinky and moldy.. I can imagine many hostels that are cleaner and nicer.

I haven’t touched anything in the room, I went to to reception and informed them that I can’t stay there. They refused to issue me any refund!! Not even for the next 3 days.. For the record, I had only booked the hotel 3 hours before I checked in, it is not like I kept them from renting it to someone else.. Yet, they still refused to issue me a refund..

I flushed down 500.00, rather than staying at this place..

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 31 March 2021

On arrival we were met with friendly and very helpful service. The parking is easy to find and safe, and the rooms are all very neat and clean. you fall asleep with the sound of the ocean. The pool is wonderfully place so you can swim and have a view of the beautiful beach.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 25 March 2021

A lovely apartment with exceptional views of the ocean with best sunsets from the patio. Just needed more kitchen utensils and a bigger pot to cook in. The water pressure was a bit slow, due to the unit being on the 3rd level. We managed perfectly. Nice comfortable King size bed and comfortable lounge settee. The best was the sky light which would bring in natural light. To sleep, you just needed to close the blinds for the skylight. The position is great too, near shops and restaurants all on the doorstep. Very helpful and friendly staff. Great swimming pool to laze around if the beach got too windy. Extremely happy and loved it there. We will be back.

Date of stay: March 2021