“Delicious Indian food with a spectacular view”
Review of The Raj

The Raj
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Upmarket, yet relaxed INDIAN restaurant on the Camps Bay strip with Authentic North Indian cuisine served up by Indian Chefs from Delhi with years and years of experience. We are currently serving from this location for the past 7 years. The restaurant opens up on to the view of the Camps Bay beach and is a brilliant venue for a large group of friends, a romantic date or a even a business meeting. We offer a wide selection of vegetarian curries and some Jain & Vegan Options too. We are also Halaal-friendly. We have a full bar - Wine; beer; whiskies; spirits; craft beers and fresh cocktails of the season.
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We went to The Raj to celebrate a birthday. The food was amazing. It's located just opposite Camps Bay Beach so you have an awesome view of the ocean while dining.

I had the prawn marsala with garlic Naan. My friend had the lamb chops marsala with a whole wheat butter roti. Another friend had lamb cubes in a spinach sauce and while we were initially a little apprehensive to try it, it was absolutely delicious. It's on my to do list to have next time. Even their paneer is delectable. You can taste the various layers of the cooking process cause the curries have a nice depth to it.

The portions are quite big so I recommend about 1 and a half Naan to a protein. We were a group of four and enjoyed sampling from each other's meals. If you have the Entertainer App you can buy two meals and get the cheaper dish free. Search for it in your app store.

Be sure to book to secure a nice table. I know you'll enjoy it! They also have a branch in Constantia Village in the Southern Suburbs.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic night in Raj, food excellent staff lovely.. highly recommend if curry is your fancy. We had Murgh chicken bhoona and Chicken Karai, both very good, veg sides were also fresh and tasty.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Really good Indian food overlooking the beach at Camps Bay. We saw a beautiful sunset (partly blocked by the bus stop across the street but never mind).Good and friendly service. Parking in the building (from the Main Street).

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

What disappointed me most wasn’t that the food wasn’t worth the price.... it was that your website said the food was almost HALF the price that the menu in the shop said it was! Did I get a season menu? Or a foreigners menu cause my guest had an accent??? Sorry The Raj, never again! You really disappointed me! Especially after telling my guest you had reasonable prices when I showed her the online menu and then walked in to your actual prices! Also.... charging R61 for a glass of wine? You obviously don’t care about your local clientele!

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Had a great meal here, it was so good that I went back the following night. Pricing is excellent and the restaurant is quiet and well staffed. The manger is friendly and he walks the place and chats with the patrons.

ALl in all a fabulous experience.