“Best meal we had in camps bay! ”
Review of ZENZERO

ZENZERO
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian flavor and style laced in Camps Bay Cool, resplendent with a splash of Kove Collection abundance. This is Zenzero. Zenzero wraps you shamelessly in 'La Dolce Vita' whilst gently caressing with a cool Atlantic breeze. Italian cuisine is all about fresh ingredients and homemade, full flavour. At Zenzero we pride ourselves on just this, the freshest ingredients with zesty, spicy and feisty touches. Alongside Zenzero's signature dishes and spirited vibe, an abundant selection of seafood, pastas and homemade desserts will surprise and delight any palate, through-out the year.
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

We had our best meal in camps bay here. We had been recommended to try Blues but we were put off by the prices and we both fancied Italian.

The service was great- one thing we had noticed from visiting SA is the service can be very slow but our waitress was lovely and funny! (Didn't catch her name which is a shame as she deserves a mention)

The food was amazing- I would highly recommend the prawns in lemon and garlic to start and the seafood linguine!!

It's also in a lovely setting with a garden feel looking over the ocean with fairy lights.

You would probably need to book as we didn't, but they were very accommodating as they were happy to move us later on as our first table was a bit chilly!

1  Thank Georgie V
Write a ReviewReviews (1 304)

202 - 206 of 1 304 reviews

Reviewed 7 March 2017

I stopped for a business breakfast at Zenzero and enjoyed their eggs benedict. It's in a great location, right over the road from the beach and has that typical cosmopolitan Cape Town vibe and style. The service was good and although it's expensive, I also enjoyed their freshly made juices. If I remember correctly mine consisted of beetroot, celery, apple and one or two other ingredients that left me feeling very healthy! I'd definitely visit Zenzero again. Camps Bay was particularly beautiful that day with clear skies, deep blue sea, white sandy beaches and colourful people. Worth the visit.

1  Thank kayleighandrew
Reviewed 6 March 2017

We started with cocktails before the starters, it was fast delivery and they tasted very good. Starters was very good and all was perfectly prepared. Main course was in most cases perfectly cooked, only the risotto was a disappointment. Desserts was very good, coffee and avec came in together with the desserts which was appreciated. What I don´t like is that they add a Service fee of 10% twice on the bill and ask for graduity on top of that, as a customer I can accept a Service fee if it´s written on the menu but to hide graduity as a "service fee number 2" is for me a signal that they try to cheat the customers, I assume that less observant customers have to pay the service fee number 3 as graduity. Food was good but slighly overpriced and a big minus for their service fee rules.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

The folks at my Guesthouse in Cape Town recommended this restaurant and made me a reservation there. It was fantastic! The service was great from the hostess seating me at my table, my waiter and also the manager that came over to ask how my meal was. First Class! Standouts for me was the olive tapenade for the bread and the panna cotta desert. One of the best I have had outside of Italy. I had the steak for dinner and it was prepared just the way I like it. If in the area I highly recommend eating dinner here.

1  Thank newflyer
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Having tried to book into 3 other restaurants on a Saturday night only to find them fully booked we were please Zenzero could get us in. I now know it's because they are not as good as the frist 3 we tried.
Very friendly staff for the most part but two waiters did have a small set to over the badly positioned till, it's by a step that they all use to ferry plates etc so always getting in each other's way.
For a restaurant with great views of the sea, it really could have a better selection of sea food.
My advice don't leave it to the last minute to book one of the better restaurants.