“Another fantastic restaurant in the Kove Group ”
Review of Bilboa

Bilboa
Ranked #24 of 49 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Description: Breezing onto the Camps Bay strip, Bilboa brings with it its own brand of contemporary chic, exclu-sive location and enviable views across the Atlantic Ocean. Diners are offered a contemporary space, unlike any other along the beachfront. Coupled with an uninterrupted view, this lends Bilboa an elevated level of sophistication.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had driven down from Stellenbosch back to Cape Town and wanted a late lunch. With the fight for parking in Camps Bay, we always park in the Promenade and pay the steep prices. We walked out on the level and straight into Bilboa.

We were fortunate to get a table near the front with wonderful views over the the beach / sea.

The service was professional and friendly. The food was absolutely fantastic. The menu has a really good selection, including a substantial vegetarian section.

I started with the calamari and clams, followed by sea bass, while my wife went with a hummus starter, followed by a roasted cauliflower dish, which she enjoyed.

Great wine selection.

We raved about the restaurant to friends who went on the Sunday- they had run out of clams and the starter was disappointing and they did not, unfortunately, have the same good experience that we had.

Thank you so much for complementary review of your visit to Bilboa.

Your positive feedback is very encouraging and a motivation for us to keep our standards improving.

Glad that you enjoyed your experience and thank you for choosing us!

We really do hope that we'll have another opportunity to welcome your friends back to Bilboa, to change their perception of our restaurant.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We did not have a booking, but arrived early and were seated at the front of the restaurant with a sea view and the sea breeze was an added bonus as it was a very hot and wind free day. If you book ask to be seated at one of these tables overlooking the sea and road. It has a nice view overlooking camps bay.
I had the squid with roast pepper and clams. This is an appetiser but really tasty and enough for a light lunch. If you are a little more peckish i would suggest adding a salad or one of the extra's to this.
My friend had the greens which is a very large salad that you can add chicken and avocado if you so which. This made a good meal.
For drinks we had chosen one of their cocktails that went down very well.
I would recommend this restaurant as it has a good view and is close to other amenities.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked, got there, no booking under my name although I had it on my phone, then offered a table to sit anywhere. Table chosen, waitron arrived, dropped menus, didn't introduce himself and there we sat. After 20 minutes I got up, called a waitron to ask for service, and he told me he wasn't servicing our table but would get the guy who is. 5 Mins later our waitron showed up, and I told him that if the service is bad, the tip is bad. He made some excuse and we ordered the wine and once we got that we ordered the food. Food was very average. The only really nice thing about this restaurant is the location. For the rest, everything is very average.

Kove_Mngt, Manager at Bilboa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback of your recent visit to Bilboa.
We apologise that we have not met your expectation. Please note that your concerns will be addressed with the senior management. Kindly let us know that date that you joined us and the name of the waiter that served you.

We hope that we are allowed another opportunity to change your perception of our restaurant. Please can you email us on marketing@kovecollection.co.za

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The service was awesome , I'd rate it a 10/10 though the girl at the receiving door was rude.. Im picky with my mojito but they made me try a French mojito and it was to die for.

1  Thank Tracy K

Thank you so much for complementary review of your visit to Bilboa.

Glad that you enjoyed our cocktails and the Bilboa experience! Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A few of the recent reviews initially put me off trying this new restaurant. Like others I was gutted to see Blues had gone. I was nudged to give Bilboa a try by the couple in the apartment next door who had tried it and highly recommended it. I was delighted I took the chance. Bilboa has a great atmosphere, is funky and stylish. It had a really good Friday night vide. The service was excellent, prompt friendly and professional. The steak was good quality and a really reasonable price. There was a good choice on the menu including some very tempting seafood offers. The desserts were perhaps limited. The wine list was also excellent and while I didn’t try any there was also a decent cocktail list and I saw a fair few being mixed. I really liked Bilboa and look forward to my next visit