“Pure elegance, discreet service and exceptionally well-prepared seafood!”
Review of Azure Restaurant

Azure Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Price range: US$35 - US$63
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Savour the finest indigenous and international cuisine on offer in our extremely popular Azure Restaurant. Christo Pretorius, our Executive Chef, is on hand to create a variety of exquisite dishes including meat, seafood and vegetarian options. From our delightful entree seletion or the delicate fresh oysters to main, your taste buds will be infused by the finest of organic ingredients. Round off the perfect meal with a delightfully sweet dessert, Bea's double baked cheesecake, taken on our stunning terrace overlooking the ocean will truly allow you to experience the magic of Azure!The restaurant is open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You may also care to sample from a selection of wines through dinner to assist you in your choice with your meal.
Reviewed 25 November 2015

Looking for the perfect place to pop the question? Let yourselves be spoilt at this landmark restaurant in Cape Town. Excellent service and lovingly prepared food. Colonial look , perfect salads and breads and the seafood is served with flair. My schnitzel was a bit dry and bland but I suppose one should not eat meat when dining in a restaurant specialising in the fruits of the sea! Stayed in the hotel and had breakfast there, wonderful array of fresh fruit, fresh oysters, champagne, freshly baked breads, etc.

1  Thank Karinonherway

Reviewed 23 November 2015

I had planned to enjoy an anniversary spa treatment and dinner with my husband so I made a reservation and was told that it was booked but someone would still call me to confirm. A week later when I called to confirm because no one had called me yet, I discovered that the reservation hadn't been made and the place was now fully booked. The lady I spoke to was abrupt and impatient when they're had made the mistake and not me. Double Triple confirm before you go to this place.

Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

Whilst staying at The Twelve Apostles Hotel, we decided to go and dine at the Azure restaurant. I had the Calamari Risotto starter and my partner had the slow cooked egg. For mains I had pork which was out of this world he had the Cape Malay Chicken curry which was a huge portion and out of this world. For Dessert I had the yummiest creme brûlée and he had a trio of ice cream which was nice. The service was great, the sommelier was wonderful and knowledgeable. A must try!

Reviewed 20 November 2015

The twelve Apostles Azure restaurant might have the best sea view of a restaurant in Cape Town. Food is really good as well and service is correct.

This is a must eat (lunch or sunset) restaurant in Cape Town !

And if lucky enough, you can see the whales or dolphins from your table !

Reviewed 15 November 2015

Visited on the 14th November 2015 for an anniversary dinner.

On arrival we were greeted with a great smile and friendly service, quickly shown to our table for the evening.
It wasn't long before we our asked if we wanted water for the table. Then Richard, the Sommelier was at our table. So friendly, such a great guy. Who then joked that water was made for washing ourselves and not something to accompany a meal! A great point was made that the meal for the evening would determine our wine, so Richard left us to decided. Commenting as he, that it's all good as long as he didn't keep us waiting for service. After a few minutes he returned, took our order and then proceeded to explain which wine would work best. His knowledge was amazing! Lovejoy then showed up with our sneak platter. The snoek pate was amazing, along with those cheese sticks!!
Starters we quickly served, shortly after our wine arrived. The flavours of the starters, both Ostrich Tartare and Baby Calamari Risotto were just a mix of flavours that worked amazingly. Everything complimented each other, leaving a well-rounded taste and unforgettable taste. For mains (Springbok Loin and 56 °c Beef Fillet), it was the same and the meat was cooked to perfection! Presented beautifully too.

I would definitely recommend this place for all your special occasions. There was a surprise at the end of dinner which totally blown both of us away!! So leave a little room for something extra - if you are going here for a special occasion. Thank you, thank yo Azure for making our 10year anniversary a memorable one..

From the amazing staff, to the professional, friendly staff to the gorgeous view. Everything was amazing. This is what fine dining is meant to be, staff who know the menu, staff who are amazing.

GFerreira, General Manager at Azure Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Dear 99RyanM99

Thank you for your review!

It is always so rewarding to read reviews like yours and the team take a lot of pride in them.
Thank you for the local support and we hope to see you back in the Azure soon.
Richard is one of our stars and I am delighted that he added value and experience to your meal.

Warm Regards