Lowest prices for your stay
US$152
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews honesty bar cape town garden view the penthouse breakfast room his team excellent breakfast fantastic views beach front stayed for nights thoroughly enjoyed our stay fresh fruit location was perfect guest house a wonderful stay our honeymoon accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2020

I have been staying at 3 on Camps for business and personal trips to Cape Town for the last almost 10 years. It is always consistently good, the service is excellent and the facilities are of a high standard. George and his team go out of their way to make my stay a memorable one

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2020

We had a lovely stay here. We had a nice room in the garden area with outside terrace. Good location. Easy to get anywhere in Capetown, Nice breakfasts. Hosts very welcoming and hospitable. Can't wait to return.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 20 March 2020

I was in room 14 ... wonderful outlook. Early evening, I enjoyed a glass of wine while surveying the beautiful sunset.
Although Covid-19 has hit the area, my stay was extremely pleasant. As a precaution, breakfast was no longer a buffet but a-la-cart, and all tables were well spaced from each other. I also appreciated the hand sanitiser which the staff encouraged every guest to use before entering the breakfast area. I only spent one night as I was on a business trip. My room was spotless and the hosts were extremely obliging and pleasant. I hope to visit again in better times.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 20 March 2020

Stayed for 6 nights in March and would highly recommend this hotel for anyone except the less mobile as the walk up from the beach front is quite steep. The staff are all friendly and ready to help and the room we had was large and has everything you would normally require.

The hotel organised a transfer from the airport and Uber was quick and cheap for trips to the V&A.

Camps Bay itself seems to shut down quite early (10pm) and has a number of bars and places to eat on the beach front.

Already missing the views from the hotel and Milan the cat.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel after a 4 week road trip from Durban. We had stayed at 8 different luxury/boutique hotels during this trip. All had been fabulous and of a similar price to what 3 on Camps Bay were charging for a standard/deluxe room.

Yes the hotel is in a good location with stunning views and is clean. But after these positive points it is definitely trying to punch above its weight and is failing.

Tamara gave us a tour of the hotel to show us the good points and raise our expectations before she showed us our ground floor bedroom with garden view. It was the smallest room I have ever seen in South Africa. The bathroom was about the size of a downstairs cloakroom in a U.K. house - with a small shower to one side.

But the icing on the cake was that this room is immediately off the breakfast room. And I mean immediately- you opened the bedroom door and.a table for 6 is laid up just outside your bedroom door. I asked Tamara if this would be very noisy in the morning as we would like to be able to lie in as we were on holiday. She told me that this wouldn’t be a problem! She and the management team are obviously very aware of this noise problem as they have constructed a “screen” which you fold out across the door as a so called soundproofing aid. In realty it’s a cheap construction of MDF wood which serves no purpose at all apart from making the room look even worse.

We asked if we could be moved to another room but nothing was available
So it was grin and bear it. First morning we were woken at 7am by the noise and the second morning we were woken at 6.15am. Our bed may just as well have been situated in the middle of the breakfast room.

No where in any of their marketing material or on their website did they mention that this room was located just off the dining room. Had this hotel been open, honest and transparent with their information we would never have booked this room. Just be honest with your guests.
I suggest that Tamara or maybe the owners spend a night trying to sleep past 6.15am to experience the quality of sleep and rest that their guests experience in a so called luxury hotel.
You cannot rely solely on your location and views to call yourself a luxury hotel. It has to be an all round experience.

Judged on our experience this was not a luxury hotel:
Dreadful bedroom with cheap fittings
Tiny bathroom
No dressing gowns
No suitcase stands so suitcases have to be left on the floor so you have to scrabble about on the floor to retrieve items from your case

So Room 5 on the ground floor receives my award for the Worst Bedroom out of a survey of 8 fabulous hotels.
This hotel was over priced and hugely under delivered for the room we booked.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Three On Camps Bay, Owner at 3 On Camps Bay Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Dear Colin and Lyn Hall

Thank you for taking the time to give us such detailed feedback and Apologies for not meeting your expectation's

We are proud to say we go the extra mile in making sure our guests are happy and have a perfect stay! I'ts unfortunate that we were fully booked during your two night stay with us and we were unable to move you to a room more to your comfort

Our 2 Standard entry level rooms are on the Ground floor with Garden facing views and our website shows the exact size pictures and description of each one

It's perfect for the traveller that is spending their budget on exploring Cape Town and not on their accommodation

We understand that room size is important for you ... Its a great pity you did not take the time to enjoy and mention our communal areas with their breath taking views for our guests to enjoy the best picture perfect sunset's from our penthouse , dining area and pool terrace

Thank you once again for your review and we will certainly attend to the room noise