Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
ngcongcalm
Port Edward, South Africa

Good stay

Review of Old House Lodge
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 May 2024
The place is accessible and safe it just need a some maintenance on bathroom(toilet), Patricia was warm welcoming and assist if there is a need.
Date of stay: May 2024
    R 1 429
0.9 km from Old House Lodge
Pool
View more hotels in Beaufort West
All reviews splash pool guest house room was spacious comfortable stay lovely place safe parking value for money home from home service was excellent great stopover warm welcome michelle road supper bedding johannesburg journey
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 May 2024

This was our second stay. We were a little disappointed that we had been moved from the room we booked that we had stayed in previously. We are not sure why that was the case as we booked that room after our first stay. We also found we had to ask for a lot more things this time. There was no tea and only one towel in our room ect. But the staff we helpful and kind to get us set up. They were very understanding when our kid threw up on the bed and helped us get it sorted.

Date of stay: May 2024
Reviewed 22 April 2024

I'm disappointed to say that I won't be booking a room at this place again for our stopovers to Cape Town. Upon arrival around 11PM, my husband and I were greeted by Collins, presumably the after-hours staff, who was friendly and helpful. However, the trouble began when we discovered that the bathroom hadn't been cleaned, with dried-up residue evident on the toilet and under the seat, along with a dirty shower and basin. We opted not to shower, use the bathroom, or even sleep under their sheets. My husband used our own towels, and I slept with my own throw. It was a worse experience than sleeping in the car! What a waste of money!

Date of stay: April 2024
Reviewed 31 March 2024 via mobile

Went here for an overnight stay on our way to Western Cape, and it was such a nice experience. The staff was super friendly and helpful. We truly enjoyed the night we spent there. The guest house was very beautiful and sophisticated and food was just as delicious!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2024

I booked my stay on booking.com and needed to change the booking from one room to 2 rooms. The front desk lady by the name of Patricia was not only inadequate to guide me through the process of making the amendment to my booking, she was also arrogantly rude and without any tact or class or courtesy as one would expect. Patricia was downright rude and when i challenged her on her attitude she dropped the call why i was talking to her. For an establishment with otherwise pleasant and customer orientated staff, Patricia is blot on their reputation and in my view will result in them losing many many customers, including myself. My advice is for them to send Patricia on a customer service course and reprimand her to be more friendly, otherwise she is most definitely in the wrong industry.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2024

The stay was lovely, we had great time there service was excellent. The food was delicious and well made. Overall I was a great experience, being at the guest house. Minor issue was the menu was small and not many selections for food.

• Trip type: Travelled on business