Lowest prices for your stay
R 3 079
Fully refundable before Sat, 20 Apr
Algotels
Family504
Auckland, New Zealand
Big pool, tiny rooms
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Jan 2024via mobile
Mixed experience. Pool is huge and lots of loungers. Staff are friendly and hotel is generally nice. Sun City area generally is very cool, but Cabanas is the cheapest hotel in the Sun City group and I think it shows.
We booked a family room plus double room to cater for a family of 6. The family room is tiny. Two single beds plus a very small fold out couch. Not a futon. More like an adult size version of those foam couch/beds you get for toddlers. Also, the double rooms are on the other side of the hotel from the family rooms so two of our kids were on their own a long way from us. We booked well in advance but no one told us of the layout when booking (despite requesting rooms next to each other). By the time we arrived the hotel was fully booked out so we couldn't change rooms.
The bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke for some reason (maybe the air intake is in a smoking area?) And the shower was moldy. But the rest of the room was clean.
Date of stay: January 2024
Restaurant
View more hotels in Sun City
Reviews (1 092)
1 092 results
All reviews water sports buffet breakfast lost city waves valley casino golf monkeys
Selected filters
4 - 9 of 1 092 reviews
Reviewed 8 January 2024 via mobile

We have stayed here annually over the last 3 years and as per other reviews rooms are a little small however due to many activities (indoor and outdoor) I do not mind this as much.
This resort brings us back annually as it's a place where we can just come and relax while our 11 year old just swims and we njoy a cocktail or 2 and more. Access to the water park and other many activities also keep us busy and is an added bonus.
Rooms have always been clean during my visits and breakfast is great with many options. Pool is also always perfectly blue and clean.
We were also there at the time of the rugby final and the screening area was just amazing

Room tip: Parking is definitely an issue if fully booked. Would also be great if it was shaded parking
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2023

Shocking experience. Check-in took 45 mins. "System down"
Desperately in need of a revamp. Rooms are very old, not properly maintained.
Not nearly enough staff for peak season.
Day visitor numbers dwarf residents so all facilities jam-packed and dysfunctional.
Highlight was a bartender/waitress called Joyce at the pool bar.
I left my MVG silver card at reception and asked them to cut it up.
Not worth R50 a night never mind the nearly R5000 it cost me.
I will not be back at Sun International.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2023

Horrible place to stay.Totalky unhygienic. Staff has no idea.The lobby outside the rooms are so dirty.The pool was also very dirty.unkept.No value food available. Will not stay even for free .Strongly advise against staying here

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2023

I srayed in the Cabanas with my family and our small dog of wich i got authorization for through sun international bookings. I asked SEVERAL times is my dog allowed and i was told yes over and over. On the Bookings.com website it also shows Pet Friendly! Frim the time of arrival until the time we left i was interrogated by several staff of sun city about the dog i was told to stay in the room after i complained because the dog was not allowed outside and if he cries or bark i would have problems (this was now after i was appologized to by one of the staff members that they listened to the voice recording when the booking was made and they heard that their staff member approved the doggy staying there) HOW DO YOU EXPECT A GUEST TO STAY IN THE ROOM TO KEEP THE DOG QUIET IF YOU PAY MORE THAN R8000 for 2 nights stay? I couldnt enjoy anything but went out while my grand daughter was staying with the doggie (and he never cried or barked at all) and we still spend more than R10 thousand rand at Sun City. This was HORRIFIC to say the least! I love going to Sun City i have a gold card and was told when i arrived that my card was downgraded to a silver (another embarresment) why i dont know but i still ended up paying more than R8000 for the 2 nights. I am so furious and disappointed and feel that they owe me a apology and a replacement of my 2 nights that i paid top dollar for to say the least!

Room tip: Be rea dy to be disappointed
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2023

very poorly kept hotel. Litter everywhere, grubby kids play areas and generally all areas. Complacent, slow and poor service with every interaction. Not geared for families at all as there were no kids meals available, the family room we were sold was a very small room with a pull out couch. Could barely move.

Room tip: Do not book a family room, it is not suitable for a family. Bring your own toddler meals as they do not cater.
Date of stay: September 2023