Cascades, Sun City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Soho Hotel(Sun City)
  • Pool
Bakubung Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
View Hotel
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
  • Pool
Golden Leopard Resort - Manyane(Pilanesberg National Park)
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf coursepeninsula restaurantgary playertennis courtsnespresso machineluxury roomcascades poolfabulous stayentertainment centerlost cityplay golffruit basketwater featurespool sidesouth africagame drivesvalley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 December 2016

This hotel was built in the 90's and hasn't really moved on from there. Bathrooms, furniture and fittings are very dated, and now more in tune with what you'd find at a basic hotel versus a 5 star hotel. The only saving grace was the Smart TV in the room.

The Peninsula restaurant struggled with the breakfast rush, running out of bowls on one morning and the buffet was not replenished timeously.

It is probably the best located hotel in the Sun City complex as it is central to everything.

In it's day it was top-end but has long slipped from that position.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Rajeev B
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff..kudos on that!maybe just a lift up onthe decor both rooms and reception.i love the location esp if travelling with children,sun city central is just a step away,sky train..excellent access to everythin.kindly give more options on your breakfast on meat selection..nothin on beef or chicken...but overrall excellent!!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2016

if you wanna have a drink/eat away from the busy rest of sun city, then this place is it. We had some snacks and bubbles and enjoyed it to the most. We did not sleep here. we had our drinks in the bar (outside on the deck)

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Spent an amazing weekend with my family at the Cascades, Sun City, The luxurious superior family room was spacious with every modern convenience, beautiful bathroom and I loved the Nespresso machine. It was so convenient to be on the 1st floor with my baby's stroller and the access to the gardens was so easy.
The pools are beautiful, my little ones loved the heated pools. Enjoyed spending time in the lush rain forest type gardens with great pathways and bridges and picturesque water features.
The Peninsula's breakfast is delicious. Most of all the service is beyond excellent and the staff super friendly.
I really enjoyed being so close to the entertainment area, the additional restaurants and food court is perfect.
This weekend was definitely 5-star, and I can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are perfect for families with strollers
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2016

The reception was very warm
the room was quite spacious and inviting
the hotel's location is in the outskirts far away from cities but serene.
the hotel new look is quite amazing
I liked the room that we were booked in as it was far better than the previous one that we used in may.I did not like the sun that is penetrating through your eyes from the side of the curtains. I recommend that they should be fixed. The plugs are not easily accessible when you iron a piece of clothing. I loved the chocolates that we got on our pillows their are very much tasty.

Room Tip: Corner room that have the poolside view and the mountains
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Hopewell D, Manager at Cascades, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

Dear Magdeline

Thank you for giving us feedback on your recent weekend stay at the Cascades. I appreciated that you liked most things which were on offer. I will discuss the penetration of the sun issue with the Executive Housekeeper for improvement.

Once again thank you for your support.

Kind regards