Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2023

During all our prior trips to the Vacation Club over a period of I think 5 years now, we experienced problems with the units allocated to us, ranging from safes not being open to air conditioning not working to bad odours from the bathroom sewerage systems - in most instances the problems were resolved within 24 hours of check-in. As we had family flying up from DBN to join us this time, I took the time to call in advance to let the Vacation Club Reception team know that we would be arriving late, to please allocate a corner unit close to the bus stop + parking, and ensure that everything was 100% with the unit allocated to us and to please place the 2 single beds together in one of the secondary rooms, to avoid any bad check-in experience. Upon arrival at 18h45, we found we had to walk far to unit 317 and that the air conditioning in all 3 rooms were not working incl. the safe, and the single beds had not been placed together. I called the reception from the room to voice my displeasure, requesting that the issues be attended to whilst we went for dinner. Upon return, we found the safe had been opened so we could activate a code and use it, but that none of the other items had been attended to. Needless to say, at 22h00 I requested we be moved to a unit where the aircons were working so we could retire for the day, and being a really hot evening, we would not sleep comfortably without the aircons. We were moved to unit 341 where the aircons were switching on but not blowing cold air. At 5:30am I woke up to my my pensioner sister and her partner sleeping downstairs on the sleeper couches under the ceiling fans. Going for hero to zero I walked to reception to now demand that we be placed into a unit that had everything working and where we could enjoy the remainder of our stay, and on my insistence spoke direct with the front office manager who promised to get everything resolved. After 7am 2 guys arrived to help move our belongings to unit 341 as we left them at unit 317 the night before when we moved - this only after I requested help to do so, where Christopher & the reception was expecting us to move ourselves. At after 8am and not seeing any aircon technicians, I walked back to reception and this time asked to speak with the hotel GM and was referred to the Ops Manager who took charge and got us efficient help and support, where by 10:30am everything was now working and the unit comfortable for us to stay in so we could relax and enjoy the remainder of our stay.

Room tip: Speak to the Ops Manager when having repeat or unresolved complaints
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Traveller302
Reviewed 22 September 2023

For the first time in more than 25 years that we visit the Vacation Club at Sun City Pilansberg, the staff and management blatantly lied to us. For more than 9 months we were in constant communication with the resort regarding the unit we want to book and special request, which was all confirmed telephonically to us today at 14h00. When we arrived at 17h45 at receiption of the resort we were told that we can no longer get the unit, because the people who stayed in the unit for the past week, are also using the unit for the weekend. Which was a blatant lie, since when we arrived at our newly allocated unit the residents that were moving into our initial confirmed unit has also just arrived for the long weekend. They were not booked in that unit the past week. We took video's of the people offloading at the same time we were offloading.
It is a matter of principal that staff and management are allowed to blatantly lie to clients of a prestige resort. This is only the beginning of much greater corruption at the resort. The reason for our requested unit was for the safety of little children in our group. The particular family is also grieving because their grandmother passed away earlier the week and they attended the funeral this afternoon and had to face management with no integrity, which added to their emotional distress. This type of behaviour in management should not be tolerated and formal action should be taken against these staff members.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank estaputter
Reviewed 19 May 2023 via mobile

We own timeshare past 32 years and decided to exchange for sun city vacation club apartments at the Aviary end the 3 bedroom six sleeper units.
The units are excellent and spacious well thought out and equipped with everything.
As we growing older it's becoming so difficult to move around and especially at night it's challenging.
Sun city is so vast that senior citizens like myself found it difficult. For example the watersports area at cabanas is so far and the walk bk up is so uphill and lots of stairs. Very hard for those who have knee and walking issues.
At the time if booking no one told us that the valley of waves would be closed until June. Everything is looking very dilapidated at present as they are working on site.
Designated bus stops to pick you up but the walk up to these stops depends on the location of your apartments
I visited the Cascades and everywhere seemed quite empty. No doubt sun city too is reeling from the after effects of COVID .
Overpriced for us as locals.

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Zora K
rudi van Schalkwyk, General Manager at Sun Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2023

Good Afternoon Zora

We would like to thank you for your very valued and appreciated feedback, we will look into all the positive suggestions and points you raised and hope that when you next visit us you will find a significant improvement. The Sun Vacation Club Team

Reviewed 2 March 2023 via mobile

My review of the check in at reception on November 2021 still applies as there is no improvement at all. Surely commonsense dictates and agrees with my previous review? It is extremely frustrating for the dozens of visitors having to stand in queues for ages

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
rudi van Schalkwyk, General Manager at Sun Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2023

Dear Andries

Thank you for your valued and appreciated feedback, we are constantly working on improving our check in processes. We hope that when you next visit us you will see a significant improvement as we work toward allowing online check ins to be done soon.

Kind Regards
Sun Vacation Club Team

Reviewed 1 March 2023

I stayed over this past weekend

- the royal baths pool was disgusting slimy and so many insects
- Service was ridiculous ( reception , restaurants , bartenders ) as well as didn’t have a decent shower if we stood in rain we’d be cleaner !

Beautiful place poorly managed

Also their reception just sees an owners name and allocates any of their units to guests without checking confirmation numbers and makes
It your problem I stood crying for
Two hours thinking I got scammed only to find out they f**d up & they did not apologize for any inconvience made me belive I will pay again ( a group of 8 people )

They really don’t know how to deal with situations ( mind you I am someone that suffers with sever anxiety and panic attacks ) they are clearly not capability of dealing with their
Own mistakes

I saw another foreign lady complain about having no power for more than 4 hours and burning electricals

Our bedrooms barely had any light they where so dim or dying
No irons fine we carried Our own but cannot see a thing.

Was really excited to enjoy a lil birthday vacation that was ruined by poor management!

Room tip: The pools are slimy and moldy full of bugs Reception unhelpful
Date of stay: February 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Good Afternoon

Thank you for you valued and appreciated feedback, The Royal baths will during the Valley Shutdown in 2023 receive a lot of love care and attention. We are also constantly working on improving our check in process and hope that you will see a significant improvent.

Kind Regards