Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2022

This Vacation club is a really terrible place. They don't answer phones, kitchen basic things like a can opener doesn't work and they did not assist until 2 hours later. Duty manager does not answer the phone. The senior manager makes empty promises.
To get the WiFi to work, took 2 hours.
Housekeeping, Constance answers and says they doing things, but do not deliver on anything.
Let alone trying to get the TV to connect to internet, my word, now we are asking a lot, beyond frustrating.
Didn't even bother asking them to put globes in the bedroom.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
rudi van Schalkwyk, General Manager at Sun Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2022

Good Morning Kanchani

First and foremost thank you so much for your feedback, we value and appreciate all customer feedback as this assists us to do better for our member and guests alike. We have escalated and investigated all the points raised above and we have put processes in place to ensure that the above does not occur in any unit going forward

Reviewed 2 May 2022

Apparently they have been refurbished - new fabric on couches, aircon units in the bedrooms, that's about all. Bathrooms are the same. Our chalet 489 was clean, everything worked, except the shower - spray was very weak, bad smell, and sink was blocked and didn't drain away. I told reception but nothing was done during our 5 day stay.
The icons on the knobs for the temp etc. on the oven had been rubbed off.

Date of stay: April 2022
rudi van Schalkwyk, General Manager at Sun Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2022

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we value and appreciate all feedback as this assists us to do better for our members and guests all the time. We take not of all your comments and suggestions and we hope to welcome you back soon to our resort and that you will find a significant improvement.

Sun Vacation Club Team

Reviewed 18 November 2021 via mobile

Check in disaster. PLEASE separate the Reserve and Aviary check in. It takes far to long to check in. Standing in 37 degree heat is not enjoyable. How about online check in and separate pensioners check in?this is not impossible to arrange so please do it.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Andries B
rudi van Schalkwyk, Owner at Sun Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2021

Good Afternoon Andries

Thank you for your very valuable feedback. We are currently looking at ways to improve our check in process, we are also investigating possible online check in solutions. we hope to welcome you back soon and that you will find a significant improvement during the check in process.

Rudi van Schalkwyk

Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

So we arrived back at the unit at about 16:30 on our last day. Opened the door and there was a few inches of water pouring out the door. Apon further inspection, the pipe under the kitchen sink had burst. So not really something you can control but that wasn't the problem in this case. After finally waiting for the phone to start up(key card power) , my daughter who is 18 months old slipped and so did my nephew. Lucky they weren't hurt. After speaking to someone at reception, they said that maintenance would be there shortly. 30 minutes later no one had arrived. I call reception and asked(I would assume that in a situation like this, I would have got offered to be moved) if I could be moved to another unit and one close by. Finally the maintenance guy arrived to fix it, only an hour and a bit in and some of my cloths and my daughters duvet was soaking. Further more I was not offered assistance to move our stuff to the new unit and it took about 2 hours to do so. By this time the maintenance guy said staff would come to clean the unit and that never happened. In these hours I couldn't assist my wife and daughter, for bath and dinner time as I was moving all our stuff to the new unit. There was NO apology from anyone, no assistance in moving our stuff and very little concern for what was a great holiday but had to spend my last evening sorting the mess without any help from Vacation Club. Again when I checked out this morning, very little concern for what had occurred. Messaged another staff member and said someone would be in contact with me, I still haven't heard anything and it's been 3 days!

Date of stay: August 2021

Good Afternoon

First and foremost apologies for the delay in our response to you, we appreciate and value all customer feedback as this assists us to do better for our members and guests. We will investigate the phone not being available as this should not be affected by the power saving card being removed from the slot. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and retraining has taken place with all our teams to manage situations as described by yourself above.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards
Rudi

Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

Worst trip to sun city, I booked in from Monday to Friday, it’s Tuesday and I’ve already moved to another hotel..the apartments have a constant smell apart from the drain smell that comes every time the toilet is flushed.. the floors are filthy, its supposed to be a refurbished apartment but it’s old!! First and last time I’d stay here

Date of stay: August 2021

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback, apologies for the delay in our response to you, we would like to apologize for the experience you had whilst visiting us. We are making some changes to the Aviary units at the moment and hope to be done with this project in the middle of 2022.

Rudi