Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andries B
Check in disaster
Reviewed 18 Nov 2021via mobile
Check in disaster. PLEASE separate the Reserve and Aviary check in. It takes far to long to check in. Standing in 37 degree heat is not enjoyable. How about online check in and separate pensioners check in?this is not impossible to arrange so please do it.
Date of stay: November 2021Trip type: Travelled with friends
  • Expedia.com
    R 1 686
9.7 km from Sun Vacation Club
View more hotels in Sun City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

So we arrived back at the unit at about 16:30 on our last day. Opened the door and there was a few inches of water pouring out the door. Apon further inspection, the pipe under the kitchen sink had burst. So not really something you can control but that wasn't the problem in this case. After finally waiting for the phone to start up(key card power) , my daughter who is 18 months old slipped and so did my nephew. Lucky they weren't hurt. After speaking to someone at reception, they said that maintenance would be there shortly. 30 minutes later no one had arrived. I call reception and asked(I would assume that in a situation like this, I would have got offered to be moved) if I could be moved to another unit and one close by. Finally the maintenance guy arrived to fix it, only an hour and a bit in and some of my cloths and my daughters duvet was soaking. Further more I was not offered assistance to move our stuff to the new unit and it took about 2 hours to do so. By this time the maintenance guy said staff would come to clean the unit and that never happened. In these hours I couldn't assist my wife and daughter, for bath and dinner time as I was moving all our stuff to the new unit. There was NO apology from anyone, no assistance in moving our stuff and very little concern for what was a great holiday but had to spend my last evening sorting the mess without any help from Vacation Club. Again when I checked out this morning, very little concern for what had occurred. Messaged another staff member and said someone would be in contact with me, I still haven't heard anything and it's been 3 days!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
rudi van Schalkwyk, Owner at Sun Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2021

Good Afternoon

First and foremost apologies for the delay in our response to you, we appreciate and value all customer feedback as this assists us to do better for our members and guests. We will investigate the phone not being available as this should not be affected by the power saving card being removed from the slot. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and retraining has taken place with all our teams to manage situations as described by yourself above.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

Worst trip to sun city, I booked in from Monday to Friday, it’s Tuesday and I’ve already moved to another hotel..the apartments have a constant smell apart from the drain smell that comes every time the toilet is flushed.. the floors are filthy, its supposed to be a refurbished apartment but it’s old!! First and last time I’d stay here

Date of stay: August 2021

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback, apologies for the delay in our response to you, we would like to apologize for the experience you had whilst visiting us. We are making some changes to the Aviary units at the moment and hope to be done with this project in the middle of 2022.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

I can highly recommend this establishment , it is very well
run and it is spotless x staff are very helpful. The shop
Is well stocked in case you need provisions . Covid Protocol well taken care of so one feels safer

Date of stay: May 2021

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback, it is valued and appreciated.

Reviewed 5 April 2021

Old and smelly!
Our first time staying at the Vacation club and surely our last. The unit in the 2nd phase had a terrible sewer smell that seemed to come from the bathrooms which are old, outdated and not the cleanest. The unit is serviced daily but bathrooms are not mopped. We booked for 3 nights but only stayed for 2 as we could not handle the smell.
The units are advertised as being refurbished but the kitchens and bathrooms need complete renovations.

Date of stay: April 2021

Dear Valued Customer

First and foremost, apologies for the delay in our response, we are currently doing a major unit care project and hope to be done with this by June 2022, we apologize for the experience you had whilst visiting us. We hope to welcome you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

I was invited by friends to join them at sun city vacation club for a week. Understandably the complex is showing lack of maintenance etc due to lockdown and the difficulty time the hospitality industry is crumbling under , so this we can overlook. However I have never heard so much man made noise in the early morning in my life , road sweeper vehicles , lawnmowers, leaf blowers, busses , supply vehicles , staff shouting from a distance to each other , it’s incredible . Some thought should go into start up times and the guest experience .....the guests partying into the morning without any security staff addressing the late noise factor , I’m delighted to be back in rush hour traffic in Johannesburg it’s far quieter than my experience at sun city this week 🙃

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest

First and foremost, apologies for the delay in our response to you, we value and appreciate all customer feedback, We have done quite a considerable amount of retraining of our teams to ensure this does not happen going forward. We have also done a considerable amount of maintenance on the resort and hope that when you next visit us you will find a significant improvement.