Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2021

Superb however most facilities were still closed due to covid 19 so very disappointing at the time as it definitely wasn't value for money .hotels should look at decreasing prices over the period where facilities can't be used

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank faatimahm2016
rudi van Schalkwyk, Owner at Sun Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2021

Dear Valued Guest

We are happy to report that all activities have returned to full operation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Regards
Rudi

Reviewed 3 December 2020

While all are locked up for COVID - South Africa is OPEN and ready to welcome you... Sun City was a BLAST! the recent rains have left the landscape breath taking with beautiful facilities and lots to do for the family. Water park with wave pool, safari game drives, golf and entertainment facilities for young and old.... leave the winter behind in the North and escape to Sun City - you can thank me later...

Room tip: If you can afford the Palace, book there... otherwise the other hotels are great value.
Date of stay: November 2020

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your very positive feedback, it is much appreciated

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards
Rudi

Reviewed 1 October 2020

I am staying at the Vacation Club and the poor COVID protocols are worrying. The entire reception staff doesn't know how they ensure COVID safety of the pool water of the overcrowded pool. Similarly, people at the poolside sit close to each other and few wear masks. The same at Valley of Waves.

The valley of waves is not busy, but before leaving on 26 September, the ladies change room had no soap in both handwashing dispensers. The same evening, we had dinner at ocean basket. Despite having a COVID protocol enforcer, the staff taking orders had masks on with both mouths and noses exposed and are oblivious of distancing requirement.

At “The Pantry”, the shop at the vacation club, not all patrons wear masks while in the shop and no one even notices.

As a guest here I do not feel safe at all, I feel after all the effort I have made to protect myself from COVID-19, I have come here to expose myself to it. This is disappointing and is a very clear dereliction of duty by Sun International, creating a haven for the spread of COVID-19. What is in place is a sham. I am here for a week and I am worried for my family's safety because if anyone contracts the disease here, they will be taking it home to harm and even kill their loved ones.

I sent this to their customer complaints email on my 2nd of 7 nights, it's my 6th night and no one has responded despite having asked to know how they were going to remedy the situation to give me better safety comfort for the balance of my stay.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 17 March 2020

Its a beautiful place very clean and relaxing with amazing sceneries,
The restaurants served good foods and great entertained for kids and adults.
We will definitely be returning very soon.
We really enjoyed the activities the valley of the waves were a hit as well as the maze.
They have a variety which kept us activities which kept us excited

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 25 February 2020

My family and I stayed at the vacation club in November. Unfortunately there was a leak due to a malfunctioning toilet which flooded out apartment and caused some damage to our belongings. The room was uninhabitable and we were relocated - sh*t happens.

When we first reported the problem it seemed clear this was an historic issue judging from the reactions of the staff.

We filled in a report on the incident at Sun City and I have since sent a some follow up emails. I once managed to get through to someone on the phone who was aware of the incident but wasn't able to resolve it until the GM back from leave. Other than automated emails there has been nothing from the resort.

The lack of response is a frustrating and will likely mean we chose other options in the future.

Date of stay: November 2019