Really a hidden gem- we were a little anxious after making the booking as it seemed like this place was half the price of everything around it of a similar quality but the reviews seemed excellent- We arrived with some trepidation after a longhaul flight to be met with first class service, staff who went the extra mile to treat us like royalty, and a stunning lodge in a great setting.
Its around 20 minutes drive to Pilanesberg but it was significantly cheaper than anything closer and it really wasnt a problem.
The hotel has its own nature walk with an elusive pygmy hippo- I didnt expect it to be much but we were very pleasantly surprised to spot a whole range of wildlife from monkeys to snakes to all sorts of antelope, and the walkway is well maintained and children friendly. The pool area was lovely, there was some debris from the plants in the water and we felt very sorry for the poor gardener who spent ages cleaning it meticulously only for the wind to blow a load in as soon as he walked away! Breakfast was great, and we ate dinner there one night- lovely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5km away from the Royal Bafokeng Stadium, one of the stadiums that hosted the 2010 Soccer World Cup, Kedar Heritage Lodge, Conference Centre & Spa offers 60 elegantly finished rooms, 3 Executive Rooms, 1 Royal Suite and 1 Presidential Suite. 7 conference rooms, an open air Boma with a stage and a Chapel for an elegant bushveld wedding. Some 20 years ago, Recreation Africa purchased a portion of Boekenhoutfontein, the historic farm of President Paul Kruger. Over the years, adjoining land has been acquired, culminating in the consolidation of an area of some 700 acres, which has been game fenced and populated with a wide variety of game, including eland, blesbok, impala, bushbuck, nyala, kudu, zebra, blue wildebeest and giraffe. Invaluable environmental work has been done to remove alien vegetation and restore the wetlands which attract prolific birdlife. With a Spa in an idyllic setting, jutting out over a natural wetland lake teaming with fish and birdlife, it is sure to enhance the spiritual and physical relaxation you expect from a Spa in the country. The Heroes bar allows guests to partake of sundowners whilst watching the sunset over the natural bush. Other facilities include a large swimming pool, game drives, Paul Kruger Country House Museum Tour, Team building area, and open air conference areas. All this, just one and a half hour’s drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria, and only 15 minutes from Sun City and the Pilanesberg Game Reserve - home of the “Big Five”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Kedar Heritage Lodge, Conference Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kedar Country Hotel, Hotel Rustenburg
- Kedar Country Hotel, Conference Center And Spa