Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
R 1 545
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2023

We had read poor reviews and were worried. However. Manyane restroom was lovely quiet comfortable no frills with all the basics supplied. We stayed in the chalets and these were clean with fresh bed linen and kitchen facilities I’m working order. The staff were very friendly and the restaurant served great breakfasts.

Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed 9 February 2023

Don't go. We drove up to Pilansberg from Cape Town for a week long stay at Manyane. We stayed 1 night and packed up and left the next day. Upon arrival the place is clearly run down. Some buildings with broken windows and overgrown with bush. All thatch roofs in dire need of rethatching. The glamping tents in complete disrepair. The camp site we chose was strewn with litter. It was busy and there weren't many options to choose from. The bin on our site hadn't been cleaned for days. Hundreds of flies in and around it and the stench was unbearable. We never saw a single braai that was useable or that you would want to cook meat on. All rusted / burnt through and if there was a grid it was disgusting. Electrical points were a hazard. Wires hanging out, switches not working. Thumping music inside the camp. Music from outside the camp even louder. Ablutions were disgusting and had not been cleaned. No hot water. As a plan B to save our holiday we went and checked out Bakgatle camp site. Much cleaner but also very run down and dated.

The game park was stunning and was what we were really there for. The wild life and birdlife was stunning. All the staff we encountered were a pleasure, the resort was just totally under staffed. We also did go in peak season which would have added to the conditions if you are looking for mitigating factors. The reality is that the resort did not become run down over night. This is a lack of investment and is years in the making. I wish we had checked the reviews before going but being regular campers, having camped at most of our National Parks and on the legacy of Pilansberg, we had no reason to check reviews.

My advice, check the other recent reviews. You will see common threads.
Absolutely visit Pilansberg nature reserve, just don't stay at Manyane or Bakgatle until they have been upgraded.

Date of stay: December 2022
1  Thank Chad T
Reviewed 9 January 2023 via mobile

Only went for one night .
Its clean and neat .
The ablutions is neat.
The wildlife in the resort is people friendly and come close ..
My 4 year old loved the birds and rooibok that comes to the campsite.

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2022

We camped at Manyane a while ago and what a mess it was. We stopped at a campsite and tried to connect the electricity to our camper, all the buttons on the box were broken and could not switch on any power which meant that 4 sites that use power from that box were unusable. The braais on each site have holes in them and rusted and virtually unusable. One whole ablution block could not be used due to electric problems and cold water. Two power boxes have bare electric wires and no covers and wires run across the road. No hot water in the one ablution, dish wash up area very dirty. Campsite in general very untidy and dirty, old tree stumps and broken braais lying around. Management is non existent when looking for someone to complain to. We have camped Botswana, Zimbabwe and Namibia so i don't expect 5 star facilities but this is a mess. The roads in the Game Reserve are full of bad potholes and some roads even closed due to bad potholes.. We have been camping at Manyane for about 30 years and this is the worst its been. We will not go back there.

Room tip: We camped so not sure.
Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 25 June 2022 via mobile

After reading several negative reviews I decided to spend a night at Manyane to see for myself as I have overseas friends staying there in September. All my concerns were put at rest during my stay and I’m confident my friends will have a wonderful time. The lady at the reception was very friendly and the sign in was very efficient. The camp was clean, lots of braais (barbecues) which were in good condition and the ablution (showers, toilets, basins) were super clean and there was hot water. The safari tent was in a good condition, clean, had a fridge, kettle, cups, coffee, tea, spare blankets and clean towels. The camp has a very cosy bar with a friendly barman. I ordered a good meal from the restaurant which I ate at the bar. So all in all a very pleasant stay which I’ll happily repeat again, especially considering the excellent value for money.

Date of stay: June 2022