Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
nkele
Limpopo Province, South Africa

Best bush lodge in Pilanesburg

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Visited bakubung lodge in northwest province in pilanesburg national park.

Security very high
Lodge top of the range
Staff amazing
Rangers very Profesional
Chefs food very nice
Clean rooms linens super clean
Game drive very nice

All about the Lodge is very Profesional I will go there again
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 4 weeks ago
Dear Nkelematlou,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Bakubung Lodge in Pilanesberg National Park. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you found our lodge to be the best bush lodge in the area.

We take great pride in providing a secure environment for our guests, and we are delighted that you appreciated the high level of security measures in place. Our team works tirelessly to ensure that every aspect of your stay is top-notch, from the professionalism of our rangers to the exceptional service provided by our staff.

It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the cuisine prepared by our talented chefs and that you found our accommodation to be clean and comfortable. We believe that attention to detail is key, and we are pleased that our efforts did not go unnoticed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Bakubung Lodge for another memorable experience in the heart of the African bush.

• Priceline
21.5 km from Bakubung Bush Lodge
View more hotels in Pilanesberg National Park
Reviews (1 283)
1 283 results
All reviews sun city game drives time share bush lodge breakfast and dinner water hole self drive south africa pilansberg game reserve close proximity buffet style boma dinner kwa maritane park elephants safari waterhole
Selected filters
8 - 13 of 1 283 reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2024

I'd lived in SA for 25yrs and my son was born there, this was the first time being back in 20yrs, Pilanesberg has always been one of my favourite places to visit and Bakubung did not disappoint. It was fantastic, the accommodation was superb. Sitting outside in the morning with a cup of coffee looking out onto the landscape, listening to the African sounds there is no better way to start the day, the staff were absolutely wonderful, nothing was too much trouble. We arrived early and was told the room wasn't ready but we could have lunch while we waited, I expected to pay for it but that wasn't the case. It was my son's birthday and they had organised a gift for him in the room which I thought was a lovely touch. The safari drives were great, so informative and fun, stopping for a sundowner was an experience when the elephants joined us. We loved the Boma evening, my son even more so. I would 100% recommend Bakubung.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Julandé Maré, Guest Services / Front Office at Bakubung Bush Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Fisama,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Bakubung Lodge. We are delighted to hear that your recent stay with us was such a memorable one, especially as it marked a return to South Africa after two decades.

We're thrilled to know that our accommodations, hospitality, and safari experiences met your expectations. It's heartwarming to know your son enjoyed his birthday surprise and the wonderful experiences you both had during the Boma evening.

We are happy to know you managed to enjoy the wildlife, especially the elephants in their natural habitat.

Your recommendation means a lot to us, and we hope to welcome you back to Bakubung Lodge for another unforgettable stay in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2024

The resort was beautiful. The staff was amazing and so helpful. Our rooms were clean and spacious. The food was amazing. I would love to go back and spend time there again. I don’t have the photos to show the beauty of this resort and the amazing attentive staff

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear S2379ZGlodad,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at Bakubung Lodge. We are thrilled to hear that your group had such a memorable stay with us.

It brings us immense joy to know that you found our property beautifully maintained and our staff above amazing. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and ensuring that every aspect of your stay exceeds expectations.

Our team works tirelessly to create unforgettable culinary experiences, and we're thrilled that you had a fantastic time in our restaurant.

We would love to welcome you back again, for an even more memorable experience!

Reviewed 7 April 2024

We travelled as a family, the staff are very friendly and attentive. We never had any issues. Everything works and was on time. The game drives were good fun and the rangers are very knowledgeable. The buffet is amazing. A great experience, so close to Johannesburg. We visited Sun City for a day excursion whilst staying at Bakubung.

Date of stay: April 2024

Dear Hodders 12,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We're delighted to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Bakubung Lodge

We appreciate hearing about the positive aspects of your experience, particularly the well-organized and informative game drives, along with satisfactory accommodation and diverse culinary experience.

We understand the importance of consistent and high-quality service for all our guests, and I appreciate your commendation for all the staff with a special mention of their friendliness.

It's truly heartwarming to hear that your time with us left such a positive impression.

We hope to welcome you back soonest!

Reviewed 3 April 2024

My family and I hired one of the Villas for a long weekend. The Villa itself was lovely and the staff were friendly but I received a nasty surprise upon checkout when I was greeted with a bill of over R5 000 for two game drives. Although it had been explained to me that meals at the restaurant were not included when you stayed at a Villa, I was never told that I would have to pay for game drives over and above the cost of my accommodation (which was around R14 000/night!). Game drives are standard when staying at a lodge of Bakubung's calibre (and cost) and I assumed they would be included. Had I known that I would be charged I would have just done a self-drive through the park as I had driven to the Lodge from JHB! I wrote to Dimpho from the Lodge expressing my unhappiness with this but have not had a response. I doubt I'll stay here next time I return to the Pilanesberg.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Julandé Maré, Guest Services / Front Office at Bakubung Bush Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2024

Dear 336angusm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate hearing about your experience and apologize for any confusion regarding the inclusions during your stay at our Villas.

We regret that the additional cost for the game drives came as a surprise to you. Our Villas are self-catering, and supplementary activities such as game drives are optional and are charged separately to ensure flexibility in our guests' experiences.
We understand your expectation and will take your feedback into consideration for future communications with our guests.

We apologize for any delay in our response to your concerns. Our team strives to address all guest feedback promptly, and we will investigate the communication gap with Dimpho to ensure such instances are avoided in the future.

I am pleased to note that despite this issue, you were able to enjoy the beauty and serenity of the Pilanesberg and the comfort of our Villa.

Should you reconsider staying with us again, we would be delighted to welcome you and ensure a more seamless experience.

Julandé Maré

Reviewed 30 March 2024

Bakubung use to be our favourite place for a safari holiday with my family.
Bakubung has changed and not in a nice way. It has got bigger and greedier. Power generators had be used continuously at night.
The staff was mostly unfriendly and sometimes rude.
I have tried to communicate with reception and management on those matters but this was a total waste of my time.
The quality of the food was still nice and the hotel relatively clean.
Pilanesberg is a beautiful place, but we will stay in a different lodge/hotel in the park next time.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Julandé Maré, Guest Services / Front Office at Bakubung Bush Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2024

Dear jeanpatrickf2021,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at Bakubung.

We are truly sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations, especially since Bakubung has been your preferred destination for a safari holiday with your family.

We regretfully rely on generators during load shedding and power outages, which is unfortunately a widespread challenge in South Africa. We continuously strive to minimize disruptions and provide a peaceful environment for our guests.

It's also disheartening to hear about your interactions with our staff. We take great pride in our hospitality and guest service, and we will address your concerns with our team to ensure that all guests receive the warm and friendly service they deserve.

We are glad to hear that you still enjoyed the quality of our food and found the hotel relatively clean. We appreciate your positive feedback in these areas.

We value your loyalty and regret that this experience has led you to consider staying elsewhere in the park next time. We understand how important it is for our guests to feel valued and welcomed during their stay, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the changes you have noticed.

We hope you'll afford us the opportunity to regain your trust and provide you with a memorable and enjoyable stay in the future.

Julandé Maré